Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to the Emergency Medical Services Professions Advanced Level Programs.
Please read the EMT pages before proceeding. Upon completion of the online Information Session, print out the application at the end of the session, complete and return to the Health Sciences Office at Eastview Campus.
- Students must be at least 18 years old when applying for the class. No exceptions can be made to this rule.
- All students must meet certain immunization requirements.
- All students must meet certain CPR requirements.
- All students must pass a criminal background check. Details on this requirement may be found by following the link on the ACC Health Sciences Division page at http://www.austincc.edu/health
Advanced EMT and Paramedic Requirements
Students desiring admission into the advanced level EMS training must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current Texas certification as an EMT or proof of current enrollment in an EMT Class or eligibility to take the National Registry Exam.
- Complete an online Advanced EMT/Paramedic Information Session. Find out more here.
- Students must be TSI complete or exempt.
- Complete an application for admission into the EMSP advanced training program
- Applications can only be printed from an EMSP Information Session.
All applicants meeting admission requirements are prioritized on a first come first served basis.
The Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 97, Subchapter B, Rule § 97.64 mandates specific immunizations for students enrolled in health-related courses in institutions of higher education. Furthermore, our clinical affiliation agreements with area medical providers also impose specific requirements on ACC's students. Immunization information is here.
Health Sciences programs establish technical standards and essential functions to insure that students have the abilities required to participate and potentially be successful in all aspects of the respective programs. Students are required to meet technical standards and essential functions for the EMSP program. Click here to view technical standards.