Beginning Fall 2014, proof of health insurance for all health sciences students is required prior to beginning the first clinical course, consistent with the requirements of our clinical education partners. With the increasing risks of providing patient care, it is necessary for you to be protected. This coverage is in addition to the accident insurance provided by the College. The individual program will provide specific information related to their deadlines. Proof of insurance will be verified each semester.
Students are required to keep the policy current and notify the program if changes occur. Failure to do so will result in removal from the clinical site and withdrawal from the program because students will not be able to meet their learning objectives.
Possible Resources: (This is not an endorsement of any site or policy)
- Market Place Health Portal - Great source of information
- Insure Central Texas
- Austin Community College
- Central Health-Medical Access Program (MAP)
- We will accept MAP as meeting health insurance requirements Fall 2015 only at this time.
- For students submitting a MAP card to satisfy the insurance requirement in Fall 2015, it is extremely important to note that MAP only covers care provided in Travis County. You may be assigned clinical outside of Travis County and should an emergency occur, you may receive care outside of Travis County. You will be responsible for any expenses for that care not covered by the ACC accident insurance (see your program handbook for information about accident insurance- it is not Health Insurance.)
- Individual Health Plans
- Scott & White - Short-Term 80
- Private Insurers for other insurance coverage you may have. Example: Homeowners, Vehicle, Life, etc.