Health Sciences Application Process
The class is selected based on the date that the completed program application is received in the Health Science admissions office. Application review begins on June 1st .
- After each Fall class has been selected, students will be notified when to complete a Criminal Background Check. Failure to complete the Criminal Background Check within the given time frame will result in the forfeiture of the student’s placement in the class and the next applicant on the list will be contacted. It is very important that we have your current contact information, especially an email address. IMPORTANT: Do not submit your Criminal Background Check until notified by the HITT Department Chair. Note that you will not be required to do the 10-panel drug screen until prior to your first clinical.
- Once your CBC comes back, you will be notified that it is time to register for the course. This MUST be done in a timely fashion. Failure to register for the course by the given deadline will result in your spot being given to another student.
AAS Degree Application Process
- Apply to ACC
- The TSI status must be complete or exempt.
- Complete the Information Session
- Fulfill all immunization requirements. Immunizations should be completed while working on prerequisites. Please submit your immunizations to your CastleBranch (formerly Certified Profile) account.
Complete the prerequisites with a "C" or better in each course:
- Health Data Content (HITT 1301)
- Essentials of Medical Terminology (HPRS 1106) HITT 1305 will also be accepted.
- Anatomy & Physiology (BIOL 2404) must be completed within 5 years of acceptance or must be repeated.
- Business Computers Applications (BCIS 1305)
- College Mathematics (MATH 1332)
To gain approval to take the prerequisites you must go to the Health Information Technology website at www.austincc.edu/health/hitt and complete/submit the Student Petition. Please include your name, student ID and which courses you want to take and the semester you want.
- Upload your immunizations using code UL64im and Information Session Completion Form to CastleBranch (formerly Certified Profile) using code UL62im prior to submitting your application with the department chair's signature by the deadline. All applications are to be turned into the Health Sciences Office in Building 8000, 8356 at the Eastview Campus or the Round Rock Campus, Building 3000, Room 3105.
Medical Coding Certificate Application Process - College Credit
No further applications for this program will be accepted. Students currently in this certificate plan will have until August 2018 to complete this certificate.