Health Sciences Application Process
Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program. ALL Health Sciences program applicants must:
- Enroll in ACC and begin taking relevant program prerequisites
- Follow the admission steps for the Health Sciences program you prefer.
- Collect the required documentation and/or complete all immunizations before applying for program admission.
- Submit your program application (a criminal background check may be required)
Phlebotomy Technician Program Application Steps (standard entry for college credit)
Download Application Process: PDF
Apply to ACC.
Fulfill all immunization requirements (some immunizations can take six months to complete). Immunization requirements were changed on October 1, 2012. Please review the updated form for new requirements.
Obtain your student ID number from Admissions and Records.
Complete the Phlebotomy Technician online information session including careful review of the Syllabus and Student Handbook. Print and complete the informed consent form. Complete and print the confirmation results webpage at the end of the session. This step can be completed prior to steps 1-3.
Applications for the Phlebotomy Technician Program are available at the Health Science Admissions office. Applications are available for print out here
Submit your completed application and supporting documentation to the Health Science Admission office.
Alternative Entry (not for credit)
It is possible to take the Phlebotomy Technician Program as continuing education (non-college credit) and then convert that coursework to college credit once the student has three (3) college credit hours at ACC. Students must request this conversion to college credit within two years of successfully completing the Phlebotomy Technician Program. A minimal fee may be charged for this credit conversion.
IMPORTANT: Whether you register for credit or through continuing education the admission and course requirements ARE IDENTICAL. You must complete the online information session and submit the "Completion Survey" to be considered for admission into the Phlebotomy Technician Program.
Important note: The Phlebotomy Technician program, whether taken through Continuing Education or for credit, requires the following application process and program director approval. Please read the following instructions very carefully:
- Perform the online Information Session here. CAREFULLY review all of the required documents, especially the "Essential Functions" and "Non-Academic Admissions Requirements". Submit the required form at the end and PRINT A COPY FOR YOURSELF. During the information session you will be prompted to print out the Immunization Form and Informed Consent form for laboratory practice.
- Come to the Eastview campus for the application.
- Submit the application with the following three items:
- Printed copy of your completion of the online information session,
- Completed immunization form
- Dated/signed informed consent form
- The class is selected based on the date that the completed application is received in the Health Science admissions office.
- When the next round of Criminal Background Checks are available you will be notified of your spot in the class and, if you are one of the first 12 students to submit your application, to submit your CBC form. You will be given a time limit as to when this must be done by. In this way students who are waiting for a spot have some assurance that if an applicant does not follow through with the CBC they may have a chance at a spot in the class before the deadline for CBCs occurs. It is very important that we have your current contact information, especially an email address.
- Once your CBC comes back you will be notified that it is time to register for the course. This MUST be done in a timely fashion. Failure to register for the course by the given deadline will result in your spot being given to another student.
- Clinical rotations are Monday-Friday so you must schedule work and other class times in the evenings or on weekends.