The Pharmacy Technician certificate program is a two-semester certificate that combines classroom and laboratory instruction with clinical experiences in local pharmacies. The program accepts students each fall for evening classes and each spring and summer for morning classes. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam. | Certificate Plan
Associate of Applied Science
The Pharmacy Technician degree program is a five-semester degree that combines classroom and laboratory instruction with clinical experiences in local pharmacies. The program accepts students each fall for evening classes and each spring and summer for morning classes. The AAS Degree Program builds onto the foundation laid during the certificate program. Upon completion of the degree program, students earn four advanced Pharmacy speciality certifications. | Degree Plan
- The program may be completed through college credit or continuing education.
- A certificate of completion is awarded to students who complete all required courses in the certificate program.
- Technicians who are currently working in pharmacies but would like to enhance their skills may take classes on a non-credit basis. A certificate of completion is awarded for each non-credit course taken. Non-credit courses may be converted to college credit.
- College credit courses may be transferable toward an associate's or bachelor's degree. Check with a Student Services representative for more information about these possibilities.
- All courses are available though a distance learning format. PHRA 1313, 1349, 1345, and 1441, 2271, 2372, 2373, 2374 have mandatory on-site laboratory sessions on designated days determined by the instructor.”
- Certificate students are encouraged to consider continuing their education by obtaining the Associate Degree in Pharmacy.
- Certified Pharmacy Technicians may be eligible for advanced speciality certifications through our ACPE Accredited Continuing Education Program. Contact Pharmacy Department for details.