Health Sciences Application Process
Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program. ALL Health Sciences program applicants must:
- Enroll in ACC and begin taking relevant program corequisites
- Follow the admission steps for the Health Sciences program you prefer.
- Collect the required documentation and/or complete all immunizations before applying for program admission.
- Submit your program application (a criminal background check may be required)
Pharmacy Technician Application Steps
New students are accepted into the Pharmacy Technician program each Fall, Spring, and Summer semester. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served, basis but all applications must be received by July 1 for the fall semester, November 1st for the spring semester or April 1st for summer semester. Note: Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to any Health Sciences program.
Apply to ACC.
Fulfill all immunization requirements (some immunizations can take six months to complete). Your completed immunization form is due at the time you apply for program admission. Upload your completed immunization form to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile) account using code UL64im.
- View the mandatory online Information Session. Upload the Verification Form to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile) account using code UL76im.
- Retain and submit copy of "Blue" Information form. Upload the form to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile) account using codeUL76im.
- Retain and submit copy of "Yellow" Acknowledgement of Regulatory form. Upload the form to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile) account using code UL76im.
There are no prerequisite courses. However, students may take HPRS 1171 and either HPRS 1106 or HPRS 1206, as well as PHRA 1201/1301, and PHRA 1309 before applying to the program. PHRA 1201 and PHRA 1309 need departmental approval. To obtain departmental approval, fill out the Student Petition on the site here.
Complete a Pharmacy Technician program application packet. If accepted, the department will notify you regarding TSBP Registration criminal background checks and drug screening. Do not complete your TSBP registration, criminal background check, or drug screening until instructed to do so by the Pharmacy Technician Program. Gather evidence to support your PHRA Applicant Ranking Score (if applicable) .
Submit completed application with the evidence for ranking score (if applicable) after you have uploaded and been cleared on your immunization documentation, information sessionform, and blue and yellow forms to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile) account. Turn in the application to the Health Science Admissions Office at Eastview Campus (3401 Webberville Road, Room 8356) or Round Rock Campus (4400 College Park Drive, Room 3105).