The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Austin Community College will be recognized as the preferred gateway to PTA education in central Texas.
The PTA Program values and respects each individual student and the community we serve. Faculty and students are guided by the principles of respect, trust, and appreciation for individual differences and strive to instill these in the students of the program.
- Every student should have the opportunity to pursue a higher education and a culture that welcomes diversity of ideas and attitudes.
- Deliver a challenging, flexible, and high-quality education to prepare students for contemporary physical therapy practice.
- Utilize open and respectful communication to achieve goals and resolve conflict.
- Diversity and cultural sensitivity within the program and in interactions with the community.
- Decision-making using evidence-based practice.
- Professional behavior that include ethical and legal practice in physical therapy.
As a workforce/technical program, the PTA Program promotes the values, professional behaviors, critical thinking skills, and competencies that are consistent with the physical therapy profession and essential for a career in physical therapy.
- Develop technical competence, lifelong learning and professional growth for safe, effective entry-level practice.
- Instill the importance of ethical and legal practice as defined by the profession and the State of Texas Practice Act.
- Maintain accreditation requirements for licensure pass rates, graduation rates, and employment rates.
- Promote diversity and cultural sensitivity among the students and faculty in preparation for clinical practice.
- Develop sound clinical decision-making using evidence-based practice.
- Utilize current technology and equipment to deliver a comprehensive and contemporary curriculum.