To facilitate the development of the values, caring behaviors, critical-thinking skills and competencies consistent with the Physical Therapy profession and essential for the successful pursuit of a career in physical therapy.
- Graduate entry-level physical therapist assistants who demonstrate technical competence, make sound clinical decisions, and provide safe and effective health care in a variety of settings.
- Prepare physical therapist assistants to practice in an ethical manner within the scope of practice as defined by the profession and licensure requirements.
- Prepare physical therapist assistants to work collaboratively as a member of the healthcare team in the best interest of the patient.
- Graduate physical therapist assistants who are sensitive to and knowledgeable about different patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Initiate and support activities that encourage lifelong learning among healthcare professionals.
- Graduate physical therapist assistants that demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.