Admission to the College
- Gain admission to Austin Community College: follow the instructions/process here. Visit a campus advisor or counselor to determine need for ACC assessment testing.
- Physical Therapist Assistant requires that the TSI status be complete or exempt. NOTE: Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to the PTA Program.
Applying to the Program
- Review the PTA website
- Complete a mandatory Information Session. Upload the Information Session Verification Form to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile) account. Use code UL81im.
- A face-to-face session is recommended and you may schedule that session at: http://www.austincc.edu/health/ptha/infosession.php
- A pre-application meeting is not required before submission of application. Students requesting a meeting should complete the information session and the verification before the meeting. See this link for the verification form: www.austincc.edu/health/ptha/infosession/introPT.php
- Complete the program's required immunizations. Upload the immunization form to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile) account. Use code UL64im.
- The application deadline is March 31st and acceptance/alternate letters are sent out no later than the second week of June. The new cohort starts in the fall semester. All prerequisites courses must be completed to be eligible for admission into the program. Students taking prerequisite courses in the spring semester are eligible to submit an application that same semester. The spring semester is the latest semester any prerequisite can be completed for consideration in that application cycle.
- ENGL 1301, HPRS 1106, MATH, PSYC 2301
- BIOL 2404 must be completed within seven years of application deadline.
- A granted petition is required to register for the fall, spring and summer semester PTHA 1409 courses. The petition dates, petition details, and petition form are found at this link. PTHA 1409 must be completed within three years of the application date.
- Courses applicable to the program must meet minimum GPA of 2.8.
- BIOL 2401 and BIOL 2402 can both be used to substitute for BIOL 2404. The anatomy and physiology requirement must be within seven years of the application date.
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer experience within the last two years at one facility.
- PT aides or technicians may count employment.
- Log form is available on PTA website. (Volunteer Log Form)
- Two licensed physical therapy personnel must document this experience on two work skills assessment forms provided on the PTA website. (Assessment Form)
- Submit 1 additional work skills assessment form from an individual who has experience with the applicant (employer, instructor or supervisor).
- Submit your Volunteer Log Form to your Castle Branch (formerly Certified Profile)account. Use code UL81im.
- You will submit the Work Skills Assessments with your application to the Health Science Admissions Office.
- Complete a ATI TEAS exam (formerly called the TEAS V or HOBET V exam)
- Test must be within 2 years of application deadline.
- Call 512.223.7395 at Highland Campus to schedule.
- Submit test results to your Castle Branch account. Use code UL81im.
- Submit PTA application along with Official transcripts of all previous college education, other than ACC and the three (3) work skills assessment forms by March 31st DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 18TH FOR FALL 2017 START after all documentation noted below has been updated to your Castle Branch account. Click here for complete application information and all the required forms:
- Technical Standards Form found on PTA website
- Immunization Documentation
- ATI TEAS exam results
- Volunteer Log
Selection into the Program:
- Academic GPA (40%)
- ATI TEAS or TEAS V (Allied Health) or HOBET V exam scores (40%)
- Work skills assessment scores (5%)
- Essay (15%)
- Bonus points are given for completion of any co-requisites. See admission procedures document or the FAQ page for details.
Please note that to be compliant with clinical facility requirements, a mandatory criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to admission to the PTA Program. Do not do this until instructed by the program.
Print application packet from the web or pick up one at the PTA Department Office. Submit completed applications by mail or in person to any of the following locations:
Health Sciences Admission Office
Eastview Campus, Room 8356
3401 Webberville Rd
Austin, TX 78702
Health Science Admission Office
Round Rock Campus, Room 3105
4400 College Park Dr
Round Rock, TX 78665
2015-2016 Degree Plans