Admission to the College
- Gain admission to Austin Community College; follow instructions/process athttp://www.austincc.edu
- Visit a campus advisor or counselor to determine need for ACC assessment testing.
- Associate Degree Nursing requires that the TSI status be complete or exempt.
NOTE: Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to the ADN Program
Preparation to Applying
FOR STUDENTS REQUESTING AN APPOINTMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INFORMATION SESSION PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. A meeting is not required to apply to the program.
- Review the Associate Degree Nursing website and complete a mandatory Information Session and Verification Post Test. The Information Session can be done either online or in person. Information can be found at: http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/infosession.php
-Retain a copy of the Post Test for submission to Castle Branch (formerly known as Certified Profile) later as part of the applicatoin process.
- Complete program required immunizations. Seehttp://sites.austincc.edu/health/student/resources/#immunizations for information and form.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 2.7. We accept grades of "C" or better.
**Will need to complete either BIOL 2401 & BIOL 2402 series OR BIOL 2304/2101 & BIOL 2305/2102 series.
- BIOL 2401 -- Anatomy and Physiology I (starts Fall 2016)
- Assessment test is required before permission is given for this course. Permission is given through the Biology Department. See http://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html for details.
- BIOL 2402Â -- Anatomy and Physiology II (starts Spring 2017)
- Assessment test is not required in order to register for this course.
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I.
- BIOL 2402 must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
- BIOL 2420 -- Microbiology
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I
- BIOL 2420 must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
- BIOL 2420 must have a lab component
- HPRS 2300 -- Pharmacology for Health Professions
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I
- See college catalog for math prerequisite requirement
- PSYC 2301 -- Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 2314 -- Human Growth and Development
- Speech (1311, 1315, 1318 or 1321)
- Language, Philosophy, and Culture/Creative Arts (Refer to the General Education course listing in the course catalog)
Co-requisites are not required to apply but will result in a higher ranking if some/all are complete at time of application. (See Degree Plan for courses)
- Complete HESI Admission Assessment after completion of your final prerequisite semester.
- Test details, dates, times and registration links: https://sites.google.com/a/austincc.edu/adn-hesi-a2-test/
- You must register with Evolve (first paragraph of form) to complete this form correctly.
Applying to the Program
- Create a Castle Branch account at https://mycb.castlebranch.com (formerly Certified Profile). The cost to set up the account is $30.
- Step #1: To submit immunizations, input code UL64im in the "Place Order" field. The system will then prompt you to upload your 1-page immunization form to each of the four required immunizations.
- Step #2: Next input code UL30im in the "Place Order" field. The system will then prompt you to upload the following application documents:
- Licensure Eligibility - BON Requirements Education Module http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/bon.php
- Information Session Post Test -- http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/infosession/introADN.php
- Technical Standards (last two pages of the application -- http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/packet.php
- Proof of US license or board certification (in good standing) from: LVN, Paramedic, OTA, PTA, Radiology, Sonography, SRGT, MLT, Dental Hygiene or Respiratory Therapy. *Note: US License or board certification must be maintained in good standing throughout duration of the program.
- Step #3: After completing Step 1 and 2 for Castle Branch (Green Checks = clearance) and passing the HESI Test, you will be able to submit your application.
Submit ADN application pp. 1-4 only during application periods (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/deadlines.php) with the following:
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 in 8 prerequisites (GPA is not rounded)
- Transcripts/course description from colleges other than ACC, if applicable
- Copy of HESI Test scores -- printed from https://evolve.elsevier.com/ student account
- Once applications are submitted, students should refer to the "Application Status Update" page for upcoming information: https://sites.google.com/a/austincc.edu/application-status/
Selection into the Program
- New class starts each fall semester.
- Competitive ranking based on GPA in prerequisites, co-requisites, HESI score and review points. Additional review points are given to reapplicants.
Please note that to be compliant with clinical facility requirements, a mandatory Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Drug Screen will be required prior to admission to the ADN Program. Specific timelines must be met, therefore do not submit the CBC or Drug Screen until instructed by the program.
Applications may be obtained online (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/packet.php) and submitted to Health Science Admissions Offices:
- Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Rd. Austin, TX 78702 (Building 8000, Room 8356) or
- Round Rock Campus, 4400 College Park Dr, Round Rock TX 78665 (Building 3000, Room 3105)
Prescription for Success