Admission to the College
- Gain admission to Austin Community College; follow instructions/process at http://www.austincc.edu
- Visit a campus advisor or counselor to determine need for ACC assessment testing.
- Associate Degree Nursing requires that the TSI status be complete or exempt.
NOTE: Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to the ADN Program
Applying to the Program
- FOR STUDENTS REQUESTING AN APPOINTMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INFORMATION SESSION PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. A meeting is not required to apply to the program. Review the Associate Degree Nursing website and complete a mandatory Information Session and Verification Post Test. The Information Session can be done either online or in person. Information can be found at: http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/infosession.php
-Retain and submit copy of successful completion of post-test with application.
- Complete program required immunizations. See http://www.austincc.edu/health/immunizations.php for information and form. START IMMUNIZATIONS NOW!
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 2.7 for these eight courses only. We accept grades of “C” or better.
- **ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY COURSE SEQUENCE MUST BE TAKEN TOGETHER, CAN NOT BE MIX MATCHED (eg. BIOL 2401 + BIOL 2402 OR BIOL 2304/2101 + BIOL 2305/2102) please see the Biology website for further information: http://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html
- BIOL 2304/2101 (Human Anatomy)
*Assessment test is required before permission is given for this course [Biology for BIOL 2304]. Permission is given through the Biology Department.
See http://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html for test details and self prep course.
*BIOL 2304 must have lab component
- BIOL 2305/2102 (Human Physiology)
*Assessment test are required before permission is given for this course [Chemistry for BIOL 2305]. Permission is given through the Biology Department. See http://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html for test details and self prep course.
* Pre-requisite is completion of BIOL 2304/2101.
*BIOL 2305 must have lab components
*BIOL 2305 must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
- BIOL 2420 Microbiology
*Must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
*Pre-requisite is completion of BIOL 2304/2101.
*BIOL 2420 must have lab component
- HPRS 2300 Pharmacology for Health Professions
*Pre-requisite is completion of BIOL 2304/2101 Anatomy
*See college catalog for math pre-requisite requirement
*Must be 3 credit hours and include dosage calculation
- PSYC 2301 Intro to Psychology
- PSYC 2314 Human Growth & Development
- Speech (1311, 1315, 1318, or 1321)
- Language, Philosophy, Culture/Creative Arts (Refer to the General Education course listing in the course catalog).
- Co-requisites are not required to apply but will result in a higher ranking if some/all are complete at time of application.
- ENGL 1301
- Restricted Elective (MATH 1314, MATH 1342 or higher math course. Can also use PSYC 2317). MATH 1332 College Mathematics cannot be used for the elective.
- Complete HESI Admission Assessment after completion of your final prerequisite.
- Test details, dates and times: http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/HESI.php
- Submit ADN application only during application periods (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/deadlines.php) with following:
- Complete Immunization documentation
- Information Session Verification Form (Post Test)
- BON Module
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 in 8 prerequisites (GPA is not rounded)
- Transcripts/course description from colleges other than ACC, if applicable
- Copy of HESI Test scores – printed from https://evolve.elsevier.com / student account.
- Proof of US license or board certification (in good standing) from: LVN, Paramedic, OTA, PTA, Radiology, Sonography, SRGT, MLT, Dental Hygiene or Respiratory Therapy. * Note: US License or board certification must be maintained in good standing throughout duration of program.
Selection into the Program
- New class starts each fall semester.
- Competitive ranking based on GPA in prerequisites, co-requisites, HESI score and review points. Bonus points are given to re-applicants.
- Review Formula and Selection Process
Please note that to be compliant with clinical facility requirements, a mandatory Criminal Background Check (CBC) will be required prior to admission to the ADN Program. Specific timelines must be met, therefore do not submit the CBC until instructed by the program.
Applications may be obtained online (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/packet.php) and submitted to Health Science Admissions Offices:
- Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Rd. Austin, TX 78702 (Building 8000, Room 8356) or
- Round Rock Campus, 4400 College Park Dr, Round Rock TX 78665 (Building 3000, Room 3105)
Prescription for Success