The mision of the Austin Community College Associate Degree Nursing Student Association (ADNSA) is to serve as the pre-professional organization for future nurses. The ADNSA strives to involve students in program and community activities, as well as, local, state, and national professional nursing issues.
New Student Orientation:
- Level 1 Incoming students August 22, 2013 EVC, RRC, CEC, and RRC Hybrid Location TBA
- Selling gently used uniforms (at a discount), pocket clipboards for clinical and T-shirts
- Door prizes
All meetings held at EVC in room 8500. Lunch at 12:30. Meetings begin at 1 pm.
- January 28, 2014
- Speaker will be Nan Walters - Department Chair of the ACC Nursing Program.
- February 11, 2014
- Career Fair 11am to 3pm
- March 25, 2014
- Speakers will be Leanne Courtney - Nurse for the Medical Examiner and Chris Puglia - ER Nurse
- April 22, 2014
- Speaker is still being confirmed.
- New Student Orientation
- $250 Scholarship
- Charity donations for each monthly meeting
Membership in the local chapter of the NSA is available to all students enrolled in the ADN Program for a membership fee of $10.00. Benefits include:
- Community Service
- Scholarship - Deadline for application is April 1, 2014
- Uniforms and T-shirts (at a discounted price for members) sold at every meeting
Click here for local membership application and instructions.
Membership in the state/national chapter of the NSA is available to all students enrolled in the ADN Program for a membership fee of $40.0/year. New members get a $10 discount the first year. Benefits include:
- Career Planning
- Study Tools
Click here for state/national membership application and instructions.
- President: Becky Fisher
- President-Elect: Kelly Jones
- Vice President: Sarah Estep
- Vice President-Elect: Sarah Fisher
- Secretary: Heather Lucas
- Secretary-Elect: Jaime Margiotta
- Treasurer: Stephen Wolf
- Treasurer-Elect: Bettie Liu
- Community Liasion: Bettina Devers
- Community Liasion: Deborah Grizzle
If you have any questions or would be interested in an officer position please contact Becky Fisher.
- Debbie Perez (faculty advisor)
- Cheryl Wawrzyniak (faculty advisor)
- Charlotte Cooper (faculty advisor)
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ACCADNSA
If you have any questions, please contact Becky Fisher.