The mission of the Austin Community College Associate Degree Nursing Student Association (ADNSA) is to serve as a pre-professional organization for future nurses. The ADNSA strives to involve students in program and community activities, as well as, local, state, and national professional nursing issues.
Bylaws: PDF (updated 5-1-15)
New Student Orientation:
- We will be selling memberships, gently used scrubs (discounted), pocket clipboards for clinical, T-shirts and other great items at the Level 1 Orientation on January 12, 2017 at CEC, EVC and RRC.
Free lunch is served at each General Meeting at 12:30 p.m. Meetings start at 1:00 p.m. and will last about an hour. Memberships and other ADNSA items will be sold at each meeting. We will also be raffling off door prizes! This is a great opportunity to network and learn about career opportunities.
- Monday, September 25, 2017 -- EVC MPH Room 8500, 1230-1400
- Monday, October 30, 2017 -- RRC Room TBA 1230-1400
- Monday, November 27, 2017 -- EVC MPH Room 8500, 1100-1500; Austin and surrounding area Health Care Employers will be represented to allow students to compare and seek employment opportunities. There will be door prizes and the fair is open to all levels of ADN students.
- New Student Orientation
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- $300 Scholarship (8 total will be awarded) for ADNSA members
- Charity donations for each monthly meeting
Membership in the local chapter of the Nursing Students' Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program for a one-time membership fee of $15.00. Benefits include:
- Community Service
- Fellowship and Lunch
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Clipboards, t-shirts, gently used uniforms, and other great items are sold at each meeting (discouts for members!)
Click here for local membership application and instructions.
Membership in the State/National chapter of the National Student Nurses Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program. Membership in NSNA is either a one or two-year membership beginning the day you become a member.
New Member: $40 Renewal: $45 Two-Year: $80
Benefits of becoming a member of NSNA include:
- Delegate representation in the annual House of Delegates at both the TNSA and NSNA convention.
- Eligible to submit resolutions to the TNSA and NSNA House of Delegates
- Eligible for contests, awards, and scholarships at the local, state and national level.
- Affiliated with the largest nursing student association in the United States and the largest state association.
- Networking opportunities with students across the state and country along with nursing leaders and specialty nurses.
- A year's subscription to Imprint, the only magazine published by nursing students for nursing students.
- Eligible to attend Council of Schools and State Convention.
Click here for state/national membership application and instructions.
- President: Michelle DiFranco, RRC
- Vice Presidents: Ytzayana Macias, EVC; Marissa Watson, RRC
- Secretary: Hannah Hudson, EVC
- Treasurer: Tarry Sallas EVC
- Community Liasion: Nancy Quiroz, EVC
- President Elect: Jessica Wray, CEC
- Vice President Elects: Beverly Feaster, CEC; Jason Juiliette, EVC
- Secretary Elect: Caitlin Spicer, EVC
- Treasurer Elect: Emilia Rodriguez, CEC
- Community Liaison Elect: Crystal Lucio, EVC
If you have any questions or would be interested in an officer position please contact Jennifer Soria
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ACCADNSA
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org