The mission of the Austin Community College Associate Degree Nursing Student Association (ADNSA) is to serve as a pre-professional organization for future nurses. The ADNSA strives to involve students in program and community activities, as well as, local, state, and national professional nursing issues.
Bylaws: PDF (updated 2-26-18)
New Student Orientation:
- We will be selling memberships, gently used scrubs (discounted), pocket clipboards for clinical, T-shirts and other great items at the Level 1 Orientation on January 11, 2018 at CEC, EVC and RRC.
Free lunch is served at each General Meeting at 12:30 p.m. Meetings start at 1:00 p.m. and will last about an hour. Memberships and other ADNSA items will be sold at each meeting. We will also be raffling off door prizes! This is a great opportunity to network and learn about career opportunities.
- Monday, February 26, 2018-- RRC Room 3337, 1230-1400
- Monday, March 5, 2018--Career Fair, EVC, MPH Room 8500, 1100-1500. Austin and surrounding healthcare employers will be represented to allow students to compare and seek employment opportunities. There will be universities represented also. There will be door prizes and the fair is open to all levels of ADN students.
- Monday, April 30, 2018-- EVC MPH Room 8500, 1100-1400;
- New Student Orientation
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Charity donations for each monthly meeting
Membership in the local chapter of the Nursing Students' Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program for a one-time membership fee of $15.00. Benefits include:
- Community Service
- Fellowship and Lunch
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Clipboards, t-shirts, gently used uniforms, and other great items are sold at each meeting (discouts for members!)
Click here for local membership application and instructions.
Membership in the State/National chapter of the National Student Nurses Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program. Membership in NSNA is either a one or two-year membership beginning the day you become a member.
New Member: $40 Renewal: $45 Two-Year: $80
Benefits of becoming a member of NSNA include:
- Delegate representation in the annual House of Delegates at both the TNSA and NSNA convention.
- Eligible to submit resolutions to the TNSA and NSNA House of Delegates
- Eligible for contests, awards, and scholarships at the local, state and national level.
- Affiliated with the largest nursing student association in the United States and the largest state association.
- Networking opportunities with students across the state and country along with nursing leaders and specialty nurses.
- A year's subscription to Imprint, the only magazine published by nursing students for nursing students.
- Eligible to attend Council of Schools and State Convention.
Click here for state/national membership application and instructions.
- President: Jessica Wray, (level 4 CEC )
- Vice Presidents: Marissa Watson (RRC); Terry Salas (level 4 EVC); Beverly Feaster (level 4 CEC)
- Secretary: Caitlin Spicer (level 4 EVC)
- Treasurer: Emilia Rodriguez (level 3 CEC)
- Community Liasion: Crystal Lucio (level 3 EVC)
- President Elect: Jason Juliet (level 3 EVC)
- Vice President Elects: Jessica Bibles (level 1 RRC); Katie McClung (level 2 EVC), Linda Obasi (level 2 CEC)
- Secretary Elect: Stephanie McGlothlin (level 2 EVC)
- Treasurer Elect: Mandy Steger (level 2 RRC)
- Community Liaison Elect: Ashley Medina (level 2 EVC)
If you have any questions or would be interested in an officer position please contact Jennifer Soria
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ACCADNSA
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com