The mission of the Austin Community College Associate Degree Nursing Student Association (ADNSA) is to serve as a pre-professional organization for future nurses. The ADNSA strives to involve students in program and community activities, as well as, local, state, and national professional nursing issues.
Bylaws: PDF (updated 5-1-15)
New Student Orientation:
- We will be selling memberships, gently used scrubs (discounted), pocket clipboards for clinical, T-shirts and other great items at the Level 1 Orientation on August 20th, 2015 at CEC, EVC and RRC.
Free lunch is served at each General Meeting at 12:30 p.m. Meetings start at 1:00 p.m. and will last about an hour. Memberships and other ADNSA items will be sold at each meeting. We will also be raffling off door prizes!
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015 -- EVC, Room 8355
Speaker: Chris Postiglione with STAR Flight Austin will be speaking about Flight Nursing
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015 -- RRC, Building 3000, Room 3337
- Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 -- EVC, Room 8500
- New Student Orientation
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- $250 Scholarship for ADNSA members
- Charity donations for each monthly meeting
Membership in the local chapter of the Nursing Students' Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program for a one-time membership fee of $15.00. Benefits include:
- Community Service
- Fellowship and Lunch
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Clipboards, t-shirts, gently used uniforms, and other great items are sold at each meeting (discouts for members!)
Click here for local membership application and instructions.
Membership in the State/National chapter of the National Student Nurses Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program. Membership in NSNA is either a one or two-year membership beginning the day you become a member.
New Member: $40 Renewal: $45 Two-Year: $80
Benefits of becoming a member of NSNA include:
- Delegate representation in the annual House of Delegates at both the TNSA and NSNA convention.
- Eligible to submit resolutions to the TNSA and NSNA House of Delegates
- Eligible for contests, awards, and scholarships at the local, state and national level.
- Affiliated with the largest nursing student association in the United States and the largest state association.
- Networking opportunities with students across the state and country along with nursing leaders and specialty nurses.
- A year's subscription to Imprint, the only magazine published by nursing students for nursing students.
- Eligible to attend Council of Schools and State Convention.
Click here for state/national membership application and instructions.
- President: Carol Wiesner, Level 3, RRC
- Vice Presidents: Jennifer Soria, Level 3 RRC and Mariarebecca Torres, Level 4, EVC
- Secretary: Camille Ayers, Level 3, RRC
- Treasurers: Barbie McCartney, Level 4, EVC
- Community Liasion: Anna Burmeister, Level 3, RRC
- President Elect: Ana Garza, Level 3, EVC
- Vice President Elects: Adrienne Yearby, Level 3, RRC and Jennifer St. Cyr, Level 3, EVC
- Secretary Elect: Sarabeth Moore, Level 3, EVC
- Treasurer Elect: Laura Gomez, Level 2, EVC
- Community LIaision Elect: Raquel Rodriguez, Level 2, EVC
If you have any questions or would be interested in an officer position please contact Carol Wiesner
- Debbie Perez (faculty advisor)
- Cheryl Wawrzyniak (faculty advisor)
- Charlotte Cooper (faculty advisor)
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ACCADNSA
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com