The mission of the Austin Community College Associate Degree Nursing Student Association (ADNSA) is to serve as a pre-professional organization for future nurses. The ADNSA strives to involve students in program and community activities, as well as, local, state, and national professional nursing issues.
Bylaws: PDF (updated 5-1-15)
New Student Orientation:
- We will be selling memberships, gently used scrubs (discounted), pocket clipboards for clinical, T-shirts and other great items at the Level 1 Orientation on January 14, 2016 at CEC, EVC and RRC.
Free lunch is served at each General Meeting at 12:30 p.m. Meetings start at 1:00 p.m. and will last about an hour. Memberships and other ADNSA items will be sold at each meeting. We will also be raffling off door prizes!
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at Eastview, Room 8500
Allison Giltrap, RN, MSN, Certified Nurse-Midwife
We will be accepting donations for Safe Place (clothing and hygiene items)
- Tuesday, March 8th, 2016 at Eastview, Room 8500
ADNSA Career Fair
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at Round Rock, Room 3233
- New Student Orientation
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- February 12, 2016, 11-1 p.m. -- We will be making lunch at the Ronald McDonald House. If you are interested, please contact Raquel Rodriguez. We have a limited number of spots so don't delay!
- March 4, 2016, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. -- We will be helping the community first with various jobs; some of which could be outdoors so protect your skin. If you are interested, please contact Jessica Abels. We have limited number of spots so don't delay!
- $300 Scholarship for ADNSA members
- Charity donations for each monthly meeting
Membership in the local chapter of the Nursing Students' Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program for a one-time membership fee of $15.00. Benefits include:
- Community Service
- Fellowship and Lunch
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Clipboards, t-shirts, gently used uniforms, and other great items are sold at each meeting (discouts for members!)
Click here for local membership application and instructions.
Membership in the State/National chapter of the National Student Nurses Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program. Membership in NSNA is either a one or two-year membership beginning the day you become a member.
New Member: $40 Renewal: $45 Two-Year: $80
Benefits of becoming a member of NSNA include:
- Delegate representation in the annual House of Delegates at both the TNSA and NSNA convention.
- Eligible to submit resolutions to the TNSA and NSNA House of Delegates
- Eligible for contests, awards, and scholarships at the local, state and national level.
- Affiliated with the largest nursing student association in the United States and the largest state association.
- Networking opportunities with students across the state and country along with nursing leaders and specialty nurses.
- A year's subscription to Imprint, the only magazine published by nursing students for nursing students.
- Eligible to attend Council of Schools and State Convention.
Click here for state/national membership application and instructions.
- President: Jennifer Soria, Level 4, RRC
- Vice Presidents: Adrienne Yearby, Level 3, RRC and Jennifer St. Cyr, Level 4, EVC
- Secretary: Sarabeth Moore, Level 3, EVC
- Treasurers: Laura Gomez, Level 3, EVC
- Community Liasion: Raquel Rodriguez, Level 3, EVC
- President Elect: Michael Holman, Level 3, EVC
- Vice President Elects: Brittany Brain, Level 2, RRC and Mayra Lopez, Level 3 EVC
- Secretary Elect: Indra Cazares, Level 3, EVC
- Treasurer Elect: Michelle DiFranco, Level 1, RRC
- Community LIaision Elect: Jessica Abels, Level 3, CEC
If you have any questions or would be interested in an officer position please contact Jennifer Soria
- Debbie Perez (faculty advisor)
- Cheryl Wawrzyniak (faculty advisor)
- Charlotte Cooper (faculty advisor)
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ACCADNSA
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org