The mission of the Austin Community College Associate Degree Nursing Student Association (ADNSA) is to serve as a pre-professional organization for future nurses. The ADNSA strives to involve students in program and community activities, as well as, local, state, and national professional nursing issues.
Bylaws: PDF (updated 5-1-15)
New Student Orientation:
- We will be selling memberships, gently used scrubs (discounted), pocket clipboards for clinical, T-shirts and other great items at the Level 1 Orientation on August 25, 2016 at CEC, EVC and RRC.
Free lunch is served at each General Meeting at 12:30 p.m. Meetings start at 1:00 p.m. and will last about an hour. Memberships and other ADNSA items will be sold at each meeting. We will also be raffling off door prizes!
- Monday September 26, 2016 EVC MPH Room 8500- Hosted by Kaplan Review
- Monday October 24, 2016 EVC Student Panel or Nursing Director will present
- Monday November 28, 2016 RRC Room TBA – Presentation by a panel of recent ACC nursing graduates who will share their experience of transitioning from graduate to RN
- New Student Orientation
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- $300 Scholarship (8 total will be awarded) for ADNSA members
- Charity donations for each monthly meeting
Membership in the local chapter of the Nursing Students' Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program for a one-time membership fee of $15.00. Benefits include:
- Community Service
- Fellowship and Lunch
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Clipboards, t-shirts, gently used uniforms, and other great items are sold at each meeting (discouts for members!)
Click here for local membership application and instructions.
Membership in the State/National chapter of the National Student Nurses Association is available to all students enrolled in ACC's ADN Program. Membership in NSNA is either a one or two-year membership beginning the day you become a member.
New Member: $40 Renewal: $45 Two-Year: $80
Benefits of becoming a member of NSNA include:
- Delegate representation in the annual House of Delegates at both the TNSA and NSNA convention.
- Eligible to submit resolutions to the TNSA and NSNA House of Delegates
- Eligible for contests, awards, and scholarships at the local, state and national level.
- Affiliated with the largest nursing student association in the United States and the largest state association.
- Networking opportunities with students across the state and country along with nursing leaders and specialty nurses.
- A year's subscription to Imprint, the only magazine published by nursing students for nursing students.
- Eligible to attend Council of Schools and State Convention.
Click here for state/national membership application and instructions.
- President: Michael Holman EVC
- Vice Presidents: Mayra Lopez EVC
- Secretary: Indra Cazares EVC
- Treasurer: Michelle DeFranco RRC
- Community Liasion: Jessica Abels CEC
- President Elect: Brittany Brain RRC
- Vice President Elects: Kelley Pfefferkorn RRC
- Secretary Elect: Courtney Taylor RRC
- Treasurer Elect: Amber Kazmir RRC
- Community Liaison Elect: Deana Hamilton CEC
If you have any questions or would be interested in an officer position please contact Jennifer Soria
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ACCADNSA
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com