Congratulations on your admission into the Associate Degree Nursing Program. In the near future, you will face many nursing challenges. Until then, you face the following to-do list. It is subject to change and you should check back periodically to ensure you have the latest instructions.
Orientation Date, Time, and Location
Use the following chart to determine when and where to show up for orientation. Please bring a sack lunch. We will provide drinks, dessert, and a goodie bag. Please also make sure to bring paper and pen so you can take notes.
|Round Rock||August 20, 2015||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Round Rock - 3336||Malanie Soliz
|Eastview||August 20, 2015||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Eastview - 8223||Sheila Rodriguez
|CEC||August 20, 2015||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||
Map and Parking Directions
|Mobility||August 20, 2015||9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Eastview - 8341||Sheila Rodriguez
Criminal Background Checks and Drug Screen
Successful completion of two (2) criminal background checks and one (1) drug screen is required for admission and continuation in all Nursing Programs.
Criminal Background Check #1 - BON CBC
Deadline July 1, 2015
You should receive information from Tammy Chalermpued upon your acceptance to the program regarding the required Board of Nursing background check/fingerprinting [BONCBC]. In addition, she sent you a FASTPASS form to take with you to your fingerprinting appointment. Upon receiving a "CLEAR" background check, you will receive a "Blue Clearance Card" in the mail from the Board of Nursing. Please include a copy (front and back) of this card with your complete paperwork packet that you will be submitting to the Nursing Office at your assigned location.
- We can only use BONCBCs related to the Board of Nursing from IDENTOGO only.
- BONCBC must come back "Clear" before you will be allowed to attend class.
- Students must receive a "Blue Clearance Card" in the mail from the Board of Nursing. Please include a copy of this card (front and back) with your complete paperwork packet that you will be submitting to the Nursing Office at your assigned location.
Criminal Background Check #2 - Health Science CBC
This background check is specifically for Health Sciences and students in the clinical setting. Detailed information about the Health Science Criminal Background Check [HSCBC] can be found at the Background Check Information Page. The following list is a brief summary of the key points:
- Deadline: July 15, 2015
- Health Science Background checks may be ordered between May 15-July 15
- We can only use HSCBCs from Pre-Check. We do not accept DPS background checks.
- HSCBC must come back "Clear" before permission will be given to register.
- Students will receive clearance from the Nursing Department, via their ACC Gmail, to register for classes once the department has received a report from Pre-Check and the Compliance Officer that the student's HSCBC results are clear. A student checking their status on the Pre-Check website does not constitute a clearance. Students who have any issues with their CBCs will be notified by the Dean of Health Sciences.
Effective January 1, 2013, all students will be required to provide documentation of a negative 10-panel drug screen. Please carefully read the directions on the Drug Screen Information Page. You may submit your New Student Packet and pick up a ticket prior to having your drug screen complete, but you will not be able to start the program without a clear drug screen.
- Fall 2015 Drug Screens must be done between August 1-August 15 ONLY. Drug screens scheduled before August 1st or after August 15th will be invalid!
- Complete the Drug Screen Affidavit form and submit with your paperwork packet.
Clinical Requirements / New Student Packet
Deadline: Monday, August 3, 2015 by 4:30 p.m.
The following tests, vaccines, and certifications are required to be completed before you are allowed to practice in a clinical setting. They are to be completed and turned in as a packet by the deadline listed above. No incomplete packets will be accepted.
Please print out the New Student Packet Checklist as the cover.
Physical and Tuberculosis Skin Test
All incoming students must have a physical and two-step TB OR a TB Blood Assay blood test prior to starting the program. If you opt to have the blood test, a copy of the TB Blood Assay report is required with your paperwork packet. The Health Data / Physical Exam form must be completed and signed by a physician or nurse practitioner. Please note: a two-step TB test series requires that you have two separate TB tests completed 1 - 3 weeks apart from each other (requires four visits).
You must be certified by the American Heart Association [AHA] Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers ONLY. No other CPR certification will be accepted. If the CPR card you have expires before December 13, 2015, it must be redone (completed) prior to your paperwork submission deadline.
Please refer to the CPR Information Page for a list of approved sites for certification.
Beginning Fall 2014, proof of health insurance for all health sciences students is required prior to beginning the first clinical course, consistent with the requirements of our clinical education partners. With the increasing risks of providing patient care, it is necessary for you to be protected. This coverage is in addition to the accident insurance provided by the College. The individual program will provide specific information related to their deadlines. Proof of insurance will be verified each semester.
Students are required to keep the policy current and notify the program if changes occur. Failure to do so will result in removal from the clinical site and withdrawal from the program because students will not be able to meet their learning objectives.
- Include a copy (front and back) of your Health Insurance card with your New Student Nursing Paperwork. Coverage must be done for the entire semester. If your insurance card does not show your name, you must also submit a copy of verification of eligibility from the insurance carrier showing you are covered under that policy. See New Student Packet Checklist.
- Health Science Health Insurance Information Page
KEEP COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO THE NURSING OFFICE FOR YOUR RECORDS. THE NURSING OFFICE DOES NOT MAKE COPIES.
All incoming students must complete the following modules. They can be found on the Documents, Modules, and Tests webpage. Make sure that you print each confirmation page to submit with your New Student Packet.
- Fall 2015 Student Handbook - Read the handbook and then print, sign, and submit the last page: Statement of Understanding. Will be posted TBA.
- St. David's Mandatory Education Module (Online Exam) confirmation/completion page
- St. David's Statement of Responsibility Form
- St. David's Confidentiality & Security Agreement Form
- St. David's Commitment to Values Form
- Seton EOC Education Module (Online Exam) confirmation/completion page
- Seton Required Competencies Completion Form
- Seton COMPASS Form - found under the "Forms" link on the ADN webpage
- HIPAA Student Training Module (Online Exam) confirmation/completion page
- ACC/HIPAA Confidentiality & Security Agreement Form
- Licensure Eligibility BON Module/Form
- FERPA Release of Information Form
All items in this Clinical Requirements / New Student Packet section must be completed and submitted as a packet with all other requirements listed on the New Student Packet Checklist. Include the New Student Packet Checklist as the cover sheet for your packet.
Completed packet can be turned in at one of the following locations (packets must be submitted in person):
- EVC and Mobility Students: Eastview Room 8227 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Sheila)
- CEC Students: Eastview Room 8356 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Lela)
- RRC Students: Round Rock Room 3237 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Malanie)
Required Clinical and Classroom Materials
All Nursing students are required to comply with set uniform and instruction materials for both classroom, clinical and lab. Students will be required to purchase the following.
The deadline for ordering your Fall lab packs is 8/10/15. After this date, any pack ordered will be charged an additional $30 service fee. Summer Mobility lab pack is 6/18/15.
The student should:
Once all orders are received, the kits will be sent to the school in one shipment. You will receive your lab pack in the nursing skills lab on your first assigned date of RNSG 1413 skills class.
Clinical Uniform and Accessories
You may order your uniform from Total Uniforms at either of their locations:ADN Program Student Handbook.
Estimated cost for two sets of scrubs, a lab coat and 3 school patches is approximately $100. A deposit of $40 is preferred at the time the order is placed.
You will be given an opportunity to buy gently used scrubs at orientation from the ADNSA. We cannot guarantee that your size will be available.
In addition to your uniform, please purchase the following uniform accessories at any uniform or medical supply store:
- watch with a second hand
- pen light
- bandage scissors
- ball point pen (black ink only)
You may purchase the listed equipment from any source, but if you wish to help support the ADNSA, feel free to make purchases from www.mdfedu.com/ACC.html
You are invited and encouraged to join the ADNSA (Student Nurse Association) for a onetime fee of $15.00. The ADNSA will be at orientation selling memberships, used scrubs, clipboards, t-shirts, and other great items!
Questions? Please email email@example.com any questions you may have.
CEC Students ONLY: CEC Parking Information
First semester CEC students are required to park at the Erwin Center and walk across the street to CEC. Linked is the UT parking form that will need to be submitted to the Nursing Office along with your other paperwork by TBA. Click here for UT parking form.
More information will be coming in September/October for the new flu season--wait until you are instructed. A special form will be required.
The Flu Vaccine Record form is required and must be completed by the person/facility administering the vaccine. You may download the Flu Vaccine Record form from the Health Science Flu Information Page. Please note that even if the flu vaccine is received in a "public" clinic, the information on the form must be completed in order to meet the clinical agency requirements.