RNSG 1341 – Common Concepts of Adult Health
There is no formal orientation to this course for those students who have successfully completed the first 8 weeks of the semester. Information about course requirements and assignments will be available prior to the end of the first 8 week course (RNSG 1413). Students entering in the second 8 weeks will receive information from the EVC level one coordinator prior to the start of the course, and will attend a short orientation session during the first week of the course.
Calendar - Posted on BlackBoard or contact Level 1 EVC Faculty to request a current copy.
- When: MW 8:00-11:30 (some days until 12:00 p.m., see calendar)
- When: Tuesdays
- Lab sections meet 8-12 or 1-5 (as assigned)
- EVC Nursing Skills labs, see lab door for specific room assignments
- What to Bring: lab module information, watch with second hand, lab packs, stethoscope/scissors
There are no Mastery Skills Check Offs
Dosage Calculation Test:
- Students entering in the second 8 weeks will be required to take a dosage calculation test in the first week of the session. Tutorials will be offered. Students who successfully passed RNSG 1413 in the current semester are exempt from the dosage exam for 1341.
- Failure to pass the dosage calculation test on the first attempt will be managed according to the policy for Dosage Calculations Proficiency in the Student Handbook.
Level Mastery Skills Check-Off
- Students entering in the second 8 weeks will be required to pass a Level 1 Mastery Skills check-off covering RNSG 1105 and 1413 skills including but not limited to:
- 1105 skills: safety measures, isolation precautions, vital signs, elimination care, and respiratory care
- 1413 skills: medication administration, enteral tubes and urinary catheterization
- You must satisfactorily complete the assigned skills to continue in Level 1.
- Please practice the skills that you learned in RNSG 1105 and 1413 over and over until you have mastered them, in preparation for the Level 1 Mastery Check-Off.
- Failure to pass the Mastery Level Check-off on the first attempt will be managed according to the policy for Critical Skill Performance Mastery in the Student Handbook.
RNSG 1161 - Adult Health Clinical I
- There are approximately 12 clinical hours per week in this course. Students remain in the same clinical group as in RNSG 1160 and clinical start/end times and sites will remain the same as those in the first 8 weeks. For students entering in the second 8 weeks, placement in a clinical group will be determined on the first day of the session. Newly entering students should consult the Level 1 EVC calendar for clinical dates.
- Additional clinical preparation time, including time in the clinical facility, may be required on a daily basis, depending on assignments.