RNSG 1443 – Complex Concepts of Adult Health
- Orientation will held in room 3232 at the Round Rock Campus on Monday, August 25 at 0815. We will have lab immediately following from 1000-1200 in the RRC skills lab, room 3219.01.
- Daira Wilson and Arlene Dettmann are your instructors for this course. For simplicity, we have combined the sections and everyone will be in the same class, regardless of which section you signed up for.
Calendar - Fall 2014
- When: Mondays from 0800-1200 and Tuesdays from 0800-1200 at the RRC nursing lab for the first three weeks of class only (except for the first day since we have orientation first). After the first three weeks, we will no longer have lab.
- You will need to purchase the Gahart IV drug book (the latest edition). Please bring it to every lab along with your lab packs.
- The lab will be open the week before the semester begins for practice. You are encouraged to take advantage of this practice opportunity. The lab calendar is posted on the Skills Lab webpage.
Mastery Skills Check Off for Level 1 Skills: Wednesday, August 27 from 0800-1200.
Mastery Skills Check Off for Level 2 Skills: Monday, September 8 from 0800-1200 after a short lab test.
The comprehensive mastery skills check-off over level 1 skills includes:
- Insertion of Foley catheter in a female or a male
- Nasogastric tube insertion
- IM injections
- SQ injections
Each skill will be accompanied by at least one SQ or IM injection.
The comprehensive mastery skills check off over level 2 skills may include any of the skills that we learn in level 2 skills lab.
Dosage Calculation Test:
- You will be required to take a dosage calculation on the second day of lab. Please review your dosage calculations! We have included a practice exam in your lab 1 module. You must pass in three attempts or less.
RNSG 1360 Clinical
Clinical groups will be posted the week before class starts when we have a final count of the students who are enrolled. If you were in Leona's clinical at NAMC, you cannot be in Daira Wilson's group since they are in the same place.
Clinical will be two days a week. As of this writing the groups will be:
- Daira Wilson: North Austin Medical Center- Wednesday/Thursday days from 0630-1430
- Arlene Dettmann: Seton Northwest- Wed eve: 1230-2030/Thurs days 0630-1530
Calendar, sites and times are subject to change. If you have any questions, please contact Daira Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org