RNSG 1443 - Complex Concepts of Adult HealthOrientation:
- Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- Time and Place: 8:00am - 10:30am Room 3337 - Lab following from 10:30-12:00
- What to bring:
- A signed copy of the release forms for the 1443 (theory) and 1360 (clinical) syllabi (See Blackboard)
- Clinical clearance slips
Calendar: Spring 2016
- When: Tuesdays, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Room 3337
- When: see calendar for dates and times
- What to Bring: lab pack, IV notes, IV drug books (Gahart)
- What to wear: Scrubs and closed toed shoes
Mastery Skills Check Off:
The first comprehensive mastery skills check-off will be over previously learned skills in level 1.
Please practice the skills that you learned in Level 1 over and over until you have mastered them in preparation for the level 1 mastery check-off scheduled for Wednesday, January 20th from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm in the RRC skills lab..
Remember to utilize the Taylor demonstration video clips on each skill for reference. The ACC guidelines for skills can be found in the ACC Nursing Skills Checklists. All students registered for level 2 are required to be at the mastery check-off.
- You will be checked off on injections (IM, SQ) plus one of the following skills:
- Catheterization (male or female Foley)
- NGT insertion
- You will be given a patient situation and must satisfactorily complete the assigned skills to continue in the course. Please bring your lab pack and drug books with you.
- The lab will be open the week before the semester begins for practice. You are encouraged to take advantage of this practice opportunity. The lab calendar is posted on the ADN webpage: http://www.austincc.edu/health/skillslab/hours.php
- You will be required to take a dosage calculation exam as part of course orientation. You must pass the exam with a 90% before you are allowed to administer medications in the clinical setting. This exam will be administered on Monday, January 25th at 8:00 am at RRC 3337. Please come prepared with a calculator and a pencil.
RNSG 1360 - Complex Concept of Adult Health Clinical
The clinical groups, sites, times and days have not yet been finalized. Clinical assignments will be posted to Blackboard on the week before school starts. Your clinical instructor will contact you with additional information regarding your clinical medical/surgical rotation, so check your ACC e-mail account often. Please keep in mind that although you might sign up for a particular instructor for clinical, you may be assigned to a different clinical group. Clinical placements are assigned and not subject to change.
Contact Person: If you have any questions, please e-mail Daira Wilson at email@example.com