CEC Theory Course Spring 2014
- Date: Monday, January 26, 2015
- Time and Place: 8:30a - 12:30noon
- Room: CEC Room C 1.111
- Theory: 8:30 am - 10:30 am (see course calendar)
- Lab: 10:30 am - 12:00 noon
- What to bring:
- Hardcopy of syllabi signature page for RNSG 2213 and 2160. (Print from Blackboard.)
- Hardcopy of class material for orientation day. (Check Blackboard announcements.)
- Copy of course calendar.
- Psychiatric Nursing textbook Varcarolis' Foundations of Mental Health Nursing, 7th edition. Elsevier: 2014
Calendar: Spring 2015
- When: When: Mondays beginning January 26th with a class. Exams are per course calendar and will be on class days.
- Occasionally, class time will vary. Refer to the final version of calendar on Blackboard and check BB announcements each week before class.
- Where: CEC Room C 1.111
- Review sessions will be offered prior to each unit exam and the final exam
- Tests will be given in the CEC nursing computer lab. (3 unit exams and one final exam)
- HESI exam will be schedule TBA
- See course calendar for specific dates and times for exams.
- Labs usually follow in same classroom. See course calendar for lab schedules.
- Scrub attire not necessary.
- Lab attendance is MANDATORY.
RNSG 2160 Clinical
- Where: Austin State Hospital, 4110 Guadalupe Stree, Austin. -OR- Seton Shoal Creek, 3501 Mills Ave, Austin
Please read carefully clinical days vary due to holidays
- Orientation to clinical site: See BB for details.
- Times and Dates: Clinical Hours are Wed/Thurs or Thurs/Fri days or evenings.
- See BB for more information. Each rotation is 5 weeks. Community Project counts for 4 hours of clinical time.
- Prior to attending clinical, students must provide documentation of:
- Clinical Clearance Ticket
If you have any questions prior to the start of the fall semester, please contact course coordinator Kitty Viek at firstname.lastname@example.org or CEC Mental Health instructor: Amy Allin at email@example.com