CEC Theory Course Fall 2016
- Date: Monday, August 29, 2016
- Time and Place: 8:30a - 11:30 p
- Room: CEC Room C1-110
- What to bring:
- Hardcopy of syllabi signature page for RNSG 2213 and RNSG 2160. (Print from Blackboard.)
- Copy of class material per BB announcements. Orientation to the mental health courses will be followed by mandatory labs on Therapeutic Communication and Assessment (see "Lab" button on Blackboard for documents to review and bring to lab.)
- Copy of course calendar. Use version posted on Blackboard.
- Psychiatric Nursing textbook (Halter, M.J. (2014) Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 7th edition. Elsevier)
Theory: When: Mondays 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Occasionally, class time may be extended. Refer to the final version of calendar on Blackboard for specifics
- Where: CEC Room C1-110. Please check room assignments in CEC lobby as rooms are subject to change
- Review sessions will be offered prior to each unit exam and the final exam
- Tests will be given in the CEC nursing computer lab (3 unit exams and one final exam)
- See course calendar for specific dates and time for theory exams
- HESI: The Psychiatric Nursing speciality HESI test for level 3 will be given on Monday, December 5 from 8-9:30. Directions for registration and payment are on the ADN website using the HESI link. Your Evolve username will be needed to access the test.
- When/Where: Labs will take place in CEC C1-110 following lecture. No special attire is required.
- Note: Lab attendance is MANDATORY. See course calendar for schedule of labs.
RNSG 2160 Clinical
- Where: Austin State Hospital, 4110 Guadalupe Stree, Austin. Orientation is Wednesday, August 31st, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. for all students. More information about clinical orientation will be distributed no later than the first day of class.
- Times and Dates: Wed-Thurs day shift (approx 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.) Final schedule TBA and are subject to revision.
- Prior to attending clinical, students must provide documentation of:
- Clinical Clearance
If you have any questions, please contact: Amy Allin at firstname.lastname@example.org MSN, RN CEC MH Associate Professor