CEC Theory Course Spring 2014
- Date: Monday, August 24, 2015
- Time and Place: 8:30a - 11:30 p
- Room: CEC Room TBA
- What to bring:
- Hardcopy of syllabi signature page for RNSG 2213 and 2160. (Print from Blackboard.)
- Hardcopy of class material for orientation day. (Check Blackboard announcements.)
- Copy of course calendar.
Theory: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (see course calendar)
- Occasionally, class time will vary due to labs. Refer to the final version of calendar on Blackboard and chec kBB announcements each week before class.
- Place: Classroom assignments are posted each Monday in CEC lobby announcement boards.
- Exams will be given in the CEC nursing computer lab (3 unit exams and one final exam)
- Review sessions will be offered prior to each unit exam and the final exam
- HESI exam schedule: TBA
- See course calendar for specific dates and times for exams.
- Fall 2015 will be posted when finalized. Please refer to calendar and BB announcements for changes.
RNSG 2160 Clinical
- Where: Austin State Hospital, 4110 Guadalupe Stree, Austin. -OR- Seton Shoal Creek, 3501 Mills Ave, Austin
- Orientation for First Group: Wednesday, August 26, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at Austin State Hospital (ASH) Details will be posted on BB.
- Orientation for students scheduled at Shoal Creek Hospital TBA. Refer to BB for announcements.
Please read carefully clinical days vary due to holidays
- Time and Days of Rotation: each rotation is 5 weeks. CEC students are scheduled for first rotation.
- Wednesday 6:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. and Thursday 1:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Friday 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Community Project counts for 2 hours of clinical time
- Semester Requirements: prior to attending clinical, students must provide documentation of:
- Clinical Clearence Ticket
If you have any questions prior to the start of the fall semester, please contact course coordinator Kitty Viek at firstname.lastname@example.org or CEC Mental Health instructor: Amy Allin at email@example.com