CEC Theory Course Spring 2014
- Date: Monday, January, 2014
- Time and Place: 8:30a - 12:30noon
- Room: CEC Room C 1.111
- Theory: 8:00 am - 10:00 am (see calendar)
- Lab: after class (see calendar)
- What to bring:
- Hardcopy of syllabi signature page for RNSG 2213 and 2160. (Print from Blackboard.)
- Hardcopy of class material for orientation day. (Check Blackboard announcements.)
- Copy of course calendar.
- Psychiatric Nursing textbook (Keltner, 6th edition)
Calendar – Spring 2014
- When: When: Mondays beginning January 13 with a class. Exams will be on Mondays prior to class.
- Occasionally, class time will vary. Refer to the final version of calendar on Blackboard and check BB announcements each week before class.
- Where: CEC Room C 1.112
- Review sessions will be offered prior to each unit exam and the final exam
- Tests will be given in the CEC nursing computer lab. (3 unit exams and one final exam)
- See course calendar for specific dates and times for exams.
- Labs follow immediately after theory in same classroom.
RNSG 2160 Clinical
- Where: Austin State Hospital
- Seton Shoal Creek Hospital. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully clinical days vary due to holidays
- Entry into level 3 includes a demonstration of skills mastery (check-off). This will be the one and only check off prior to level 3 and is scheduled for Monday, January 13, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Orientation to clinical sites: Wednesday, January 13, February 19, March 6, (Shoal Creek, 7:00 am - 2:00 pm ASH 8:00 am - 3:00 pm for Group 1 See BB for details.
- Orientations are always on Wednesday at the beginning of the clinical rotation.
- Times and Dates: Clinical Hours are Wed days / Thurs days or evening or Thurs day / Fri day on Thurs/Fri. Days and times vary according to site anf faculty.
- Please contact Debbie Perez RN MSN for your clinical rotation for level 3
- See BB for more information. Each rotation is 5 weeks. Community Project counts for 4 hours of clinical time.
- Prior to attending clinical, students must provide documentation of:
- Clinical Clearance Ticket
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Walton, RN, MSN CNE at email@example.com