Register for these courses: RNSG 2402, RNSG 2263 and RNSG 2130
RNSG 2402 - Theory
Calendar: Summer 2016
- Marlene Meador MSN, RN, CNE email@example.com
- Natasha Randolph MSN, RN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacy Day MSN, RN email@example.com
Class (or Seminars):
- Austin - EVC Room TBA
- Orientation Tuesday, May 31, 2015; Immediately following Mastery Skills Check Off
- Monday: Times as scheduled on course calendar Class/Seminar
- Tuesday: Times as scheduled on course calendar Class/Seminar
All students must present an ADN Clinical Clearance ticket to the Level 3 Coordinator to enter the Mastery Skills Check Off scheduled for June 1, 2016 beginning promptly at 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (note: this is before the orientation time). Failure to do so will result in withdrawal from the level.
Mastery Skills Check Off: Tuesday 0800 - completed. EVC Nursing Skills Lab. Begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- All students must complete the comprehensive mastery skills check-off over previously learned skills
- Medication administration all routes
- Catheterization (Foley and 'in and out' or straight catheterization)
- Intravenous medications (piggy-back administration, starting an IV, calculation of infusion rate and IV push administration)
- Tracheostomy care and suctioning
- Dressing changes, etc.
- Documentation required
- Each student will receive a patient situation and complete several skills.
- Each student must successfully complete mastery skills check off to continue in any RNSG course.
- Please utilize the available open lab times for practice.
Dosage and Calculation Test:
- All students must take a dosage and calculation test on June 6, 2016, starting promptly at 1300 in the classroom of assigned campus.
- You must successfully pass this exam to administer medications in the clinical setting.
RNSG 2263 - The clinical rotation schedule as posted in Bb course RNSG 2402: Clinical 2263.
Pediatric Rotation: 4 weeks
Preparation: Please complete the COMPASS TRAINING prior to the first day of the pediatric rotation.
- Location: Dell Children's Medical Center
- Time: Pediatric clinical consist of 12 hour clinical days on either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday
- Pedi Lab and Orientation:
- See Summer Calendar 2016
Obstetric Rotation: 4 weeks
- St. David's NAMC
- Seton Main
- Time: OB clinical consist of 12 hour clinical days on either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday
- OB Lab and orientation
- See Summer Calendar 2016
Medical Surgical Rotation: 2 weeks (July 25, 2016-August 6, 2016)
- Seton Medical Center
- Brackenridge Hospital
- Time and Day: Wednesday/Thursday as designated on clinical rotation schedule under Clinical 2263
Textbooks: All previously required textbooks and the following:
- McKinney, E.S., James, S.R., Murray, S.S. Nelson, K.A., & Ashwill, J.W. (2013). Maternal Child Nursing (4th ed). St. Louis, MO Elsevier Saunders ISBN 978-1-4377-2775-3
All students must present an ADN Clinical Clearance ticket to the Level 3 Coordinator to enter the Mastery Skills Check-Off, May 31, 2016 beginning promptly at 0800. Failure to do so will result in withdrawal from the program. If you have any questions, please contact Marlene Meador MSN, RN, CNE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access Graduation Guidelines for important information about registering with BON, requirements for taking NCLEX, Jurisprudence exam, etc... All students must apply for graduation by July 6, 2016 NO EXCEPTIONS!
RNSG 2130 - Professional Nursing Review and Licensure Preparation
- EVC Instructor: Emily Grigsby, RN, MSN, CNE email@example.com
- Syllabus (click here for syllabus / access course Blackboard)
- Required Textbook/Resources:
- All previously required textbooks
- Texas Nursing Practice Act
- ATI Access
- Orientation: (Required)
- Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- Time: 1130-1200 (just prior to RNSG 2402 orientation)
- Place: EVC room TBA
- What to bring:
- Signed syllabus release form for RNSG 2130 (see Blackboard)
- Important Dates
- ATI Comprehensive Exam, Tuesday, July 5, 2016, 1300-1700 EVC Computer Lab Room 8307
- Remediation plan to be submitted via e-mail due: Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Brief remediation meeting: Monday, July 18th assigned between 1200 - 1415 meet in office 8313
- ATI Comprehensive Exam (Second attempt, if required) Monday, August 8th, 2016, 1300-1700
- Completion of Jurisprudence Preparation Module and/or Juriprudence Exam due by Monday, August 8, 2016
- Important Information:
- There are no seminars or labs linked to this course
- Recommendations for success:
- Check Announcements in Blackboard frequently - at least several times a week
- Keep email address in Blackboard current
- Adhere to all dates and required assignments
- Begin preparing for NCLEX prior to final semester
- No Clinical required for this course.