Register for these courses: RNSG 2402, RNSG 2263 and RNSG 2130
RNSG 2402 - Theory
Calendar: Summer 2015
Class (or Seminars):
- Austin - EVC Room TBA
- Fredericksburg Campus
- Orientation Monday, June 1, 2015; 2:30-3:00 p.m.
- Monday: Times as scheduled on course calendar Class/Seminar
- Tuesday: Times as scheduled on course calendar Class/Seminar
All students must present an ADN Clinical Clearance ticket to the Level 3 Coordinator to enter the dosage and calculation test scheduled for June 1, 2015 beginning promptly at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm (note: this is before the orientation time). Failure to do so will result in withdrawal from the level.
Mastery Skills Check Off: Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EVC Nursing Skills Lab. Begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. (FBG Skills Lab for FBG students will be the same day from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
- All students must complete the comprehensive mastery skills check-off over previously learned skills
- Medication administration all routes
- Catheterization (Foley and 'in and out' or straight catheterization)
- Intravenous medications (piggy-back administration, starting an IV, calculation of infusion rate and IV push administration)
- Tracheostomy care and suctioning
- Dressing changes, etc.
- Documentation required
- Each student will receive a patient situation and complete several skills.
- Each student must successfully complete mastery skills check off to continue in any RNSG course.
- Please utilize the available open lab times for practice.
Dosage and Calculation Test:
- All students must take a dosage and calculation test on June 1, 2015, starting promptly at 1:00 pm in the classroom of assigned campus.
- You must successfully pass this exam to administer medications in the clinical setting.
- Bring ADN Clinical Clearance Ticket as your permit into this exam.
RNSG 2263 - The clinical rotation schedule as posted in Bb course RNSG 2402: Clinical 2263.
Pediatric Rotation: 4 weeks
Preparation: Please complete the COMPASS TRAINING prior to the first day of the pediatric rotation.
- Location: Dell Children's Medical Center
- Time: Pediatric clinical consist of 12 hour clinical days on either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday
- Pedi Lab and Orientation:
- See Summer Calendar 2015
Obstetric Rotation: 4 weeks
- St. David's NAMC
- St. David's Main
- Time: OB clinical consist of 12 hour clinical days on either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday
- OB Lab and orientation
- See Summer Calendar 2015
Medical Surgical Rotation: 2 weeks (July 29, 2015-August 6, 2015)
- FBG Medical Center
- Seton Medical Center
- Brackenridge Hospital
- Time and Day: Wednesday/Thursday as designated on clinical rotation schedule under Clinical 2263
Textbooks: All previously required textbooks and the following:
- McKinney, James, Murray, & Ashwill. Maternal-Child Nursing Fourth ed. (2013). Elsevier. ISBN 978-1-4377-2775-3
All students must present an ADN Clinical Clearance ticket to the Level 3 Coordinator to enter the dosage and calculation test scheduled for May 27, 2014 beginning promptly at 1 pm. Failure to do so will result in withdrawal from the program. If you have any questions, please contact Marlene Meador RN, MSN, CNE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access Graduation Guidelines for important information about registering with BON, requirements for taking NCLEX, Jurisprudence exam, etc... All students must apply for graduation by July 8, 2014 NO EXCEPTIONS!
RNSG 2130 - Professional Nursing Review and Licensure Preparation
- EVC Instructor: Emily Grigsby, RN, MSN, CNE email@example.com
- FBG Instructor: Ruthann Hoover, RN, MSN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Syllabus (click here for syllabus / access course Blackboard)
- Required Textbook/Resources:
- All previously required textbooks
- Texas Nursing Practice Act
- Evolve Case Studies-Complete RN Collection
- Orientation: (Required)
- Date: Monday, June 1st
- Time: 1400-1430 (just prior to RNSG 2402 orientation)
- Place: EVC room TBA, FBG room TBA
- What to bring:
- Signed syllabus release form for RNSG 2130 (see Blackboard)
- Important Dates
- Exit HESI-1: Tuesday, July 7, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm in EVC Computer Lab, 8307 and FBG Computer Lab
- Remediation plan to be submitted via email to your assigned, Mobility instructor due: Tuesday, July 14th
- Brief remediation meeting with your assigned, Mobility instructor, for EVC students: Tuesday, July 14th assigned between 12:00pm - 2:15pm, meet in office 8313
- Exit HESI (Second attempt, if required): Wednesday, August 12th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm in EVC Computer Lab, 8307 and FBG Computer Lab
- Completion of Jurisprudence Preparation Module and/or Jurisprudence Exam due by: Wednesday, August 12th
- Important Information:
- There are no seminars or labs linked to this course
- Recommendations for success:
- Check Announcements in Blackboard frequently - at least several times a week
- Keep email address in Blackboard current
- Adhere to all dates and required assignments
- Begin preparing for NCLEX prior to final semester
- No Clinical required for this course.