RNSG 2432 - Enhanced Concepts of Adult Health
- Linda Copenhaver MSN, RN, BC email@example.com
- Laurie Dickson MSN, FNP, RN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renee Redman MSN, FNP, RN email@example.com
Clinical Groups: Spring 2015 Clinical Groups (Pending)
- Textbook: Lewis, Medical-Surgical Nursing-8th edition (2011)
- Date: Tuesday, January 20th
- Time and Place: EVC 8111 from 8:00am - 1:00pm
- What to bring: Module 1 and Lab 1 from RNSG 2432 Blackboard Course Documents, Level 4 calendar and syllabus for RNSG 2432 onsite, and a basic calculator for dosage exam.
Calendar - Spring 2015
Graduation Information - Graduates click here for critical dates!
- When: Mondays from 8:30-12:30 and some Tuesday mornings (See RNSG 2221 and RNSG 2130 for class days/times)
- Where: EVC 8111
- When: see calendar for dates
- Check Announcements and Blackboard for lab groups and expectations
- What to Bring: lab pack, drug books, class notes and syllabus
Mastery Skills Check Off:
There will be a comprehensive mastery skills check-off over previously learned skills including:
- Injections (IM, sub-q, intradermal);
- Catheterization (foley and In and Out);
- IV's (IV push, hanging a piggy-back, starting an IV, calculation of drop rate) and setting ml's per hour;
- Trach care and suctioning;
- Central line dressing changes,
- Inserting Dobhoff feeding tubes and NG tubes.
- Identifying IM sites
- You will be given a client situation and have to complete several skills satisfactorily.
- The lab will be open the week before the semester begins if you want to practice. (see lab schedule on ADN resources page) http://www.austincc.edu/health/skillslab/hours.php
- You are encouraged to take advantage of this learning opportunity.
- You must pass this satisfactorily to continue in the course.
- You must also complete the skills written quiz and submit it to your clinical instructor. Skills Written Quiz.
Dosage Calculation Test- You will be required to take a dosage calculation during the second day of class. So review your dosage calculation! You may find this calculation web site helpful as a review!
Submit the four (4) required RNCEU's (Due clinical orientation day or as specified by instructor)
- Access http://www.rnceus.com/
- Click on Course Catalog
- Scroll down on the left hand side to access:
- Understanding Coagulation Tests
- Understanding CBC
- Understanding Liver Function Tests
- Understanding Renal Function Tests
RNSG 2362 – Clinical Nursing:
- This clinical component enables the student to apply the theories, concepts and knowledge as presented in RNSG 2432 to the practice setting, includes management components.
- See calendar for schedule (192 hours).
- Final clinical groups will not be determined until the week prior to the start of class. Groups will be posted on Blackboard.
- Clinical Schedule: (may vary during implementation of management component). Each clinical instructor will give you a clinical schedule the first week of clinical.