Eligibility for Alternate Entry Track
- Alternate entry into the ADN Traditional Track is open to ACC VNG graduates. The applicant must begin the second level of the ADN Traditional Track within fourteen months (14 months) of graduating from the ACC VNG program.
- Applicants who were withdrawn from and/or failed a VNG course for reasons of unsatisfactory clinical performance and/or personal behavior problems related to clinical performance (Fourth priority readmission to the ACC VNG program) are NOT eligible for the Alternate Entry. These applicants are eligible for entry into First Semester Traditional Track or Mobility Track.
Preparation to Applying
- FOR STUDENTS REQUESTING AN APPOINTMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INFORMATION SESSION PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. A meeting is not required to apply to the program.
- Review the Associate Degree Nursing website and complete a mandatory Information Session and Verification Post Test. The Information Session can be done either online or in person. Information can be found at: http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/infosession.php
Retain a copy of the Post Test for submission to CastleBranch (formerly known as Certified Profile) later as part of the application process.
- Complete program required immunizations. See http://sites.austincc.edu/health/student/resources/#immunizations for information and form.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 2.7. We accept grades of "C" or better.
*Will need to complete either BIOL 2304/2101 & BIOL 2305/2102 series OR BIOL 2401 & BIOL 2402 series
- BIOL 2401 -- Anatomy and Physiology I (starts Fall 2016)
- Assessment test is required before permission is given for this course (Biology for BIOL 2401). Permission is given through the Biology Department. Seehttp://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html for test details and self-prep course.
- BIOL 2402 -- Anatomy and Physiology II (starts Spring 2017)
- Assessment test is required before permission is given for this course (Chemistry for BIOL 2402). Permission is given through the Biology Department. Seehttp://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html for test results and self-prep course.
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I.
- BIOL 2402 must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
- BIOL 2420 -- Microbiology
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I
- BIOL 2420 must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
- BIOL 2420 must have a lab component
- HPRS 2300 -- Pharmacology for Health Professions
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I
- See college catalog for math prerequisite requirement
- PSYC 2301 -- Introduction to Psychology
- Co-requisites are not required to apply but will result in a higher ranking if some/all are complete at time of application (see Degree Plan for courses)
- Complete HESI Admission Assessment after completion of your final prerequisite semester.
- Test details, dates, times and registration links: https://sites.google.com/a/austincc.edu/adn-hesi-a2-test/
Applying to the Program
- Create a CastleBranch account at https://mycb.castlebranch.com (formerly Certified Profile). The cost to set up the account is $30.
- Step #1: To submit immunizations you will input code UL64im in the "Place Order" field. The system will then prompt you to upload your 1 page immunization form to each of the four required immunizations.
- Step #2: Next you will input code UL32im in the "Place Order" field. The system will then prompt you to upload the following documents:
- Licensure Eligibility BON Requirements Education Module http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/bon.php
- Information Session Post Test http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/infosession/introADN.php
- Technical Standards (last two pages of the application) http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/packet.php
- Step #3: After completing Step 1 and 2 for CastleBranch (green checks = clearance) and passing the HESI Test, you will be able to submit your application.
Submit ADN application pp. 1-4 only during application periods (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/deadlines.php) with following:
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 in 5 prerequisites (GPA is not rounded)
- Transcripts/course descriptions from colleges other than ACC, if applicable
- Copy of HESI Test scores -- printed from https://evolve.elsevier.com/ student account
- Once applications are submitted, students should refer to the "Application Status Update" page for upcoming information. https://sites.google.com/a/austincc.edu/application-status
- Only students high enough on the ranking list will receive a granted petition via e-mail to register for RNSG 1105 after the deadline period closes and ranking is complete.
Selection into the Program
- New classes start each fall and spring semester.
- Competitive ranking based on GPA in prerequisites, co-requisites, HESI score. Additional review points are given to re-applicants.
Please note that to be compliant with clinical facility requirements, mandatory Criminal Background Checks (CBC) and Drug Screen will be required prior to admission to the ADN Program. Specific timelines must be met, therefore do not submit the CBC or Drug Screen until instructed by the program.
Applications may be obtained online (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/packet.php) and submitted to Health Science Admissions Offices:
- Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Rd. Austin, TX 78702 (Building 8000, Room 8356)
- Round Rock Campus, 4400 College Park Dr., Round Rock, TX 78665 (Building 3000, room 3105)