Admission to the College
- Gain admission to Austin Community College; follow instructions/process at http://www.austincc.edu
- Visit a campus advisor or counselor to determine need for ACC assessment testing.
- Associate Degree Nursing requires that the TSI status be complete or exempt.
NOTE: Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to the ADN Program
Preparation to Applying
FOR STUDENTS REQUESTING AN APPOINTMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INFORMATION SESSION PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. A meeting is not required to apply to the program.
- Review the Associate Degree Nursing website and complete a mandatory Information Session and Verification Post Test. The Information Session can be done either online or in person. Information can be found at: http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/infosession.php
-Retain a copy of the Post Test for submission to Castle Branch (formerly known as Certified Profile) later as part of the application process.
- Complete program required immunizations. See http://www.austincc.edu/health/immunizations.php for information and form.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 2.7. We accept grades of "C" or better.
- BIOL 2401 -- Anatomy and Physiology I (starts Fall 2016)
- Assessment test is required before permission is given for this course (Biology for BIOL 2401). Permission is given through the Biology Department. Seehttp://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html for test details and self-prep course.
- BIOL 2402 -- Anatomy and Physiology II (starts Spring 2017)
- Assessment test is required before permission is given for this course (Chemistry for BIOL 2402). Permission is given through the Biology Department. Seehttp://www.austincc.edu/biology/humanind.html for test results and self-prep course.
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I.
- BIOL 2402 must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
- BIOL 2420 -- Microbiology
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I
- BIOL 2420 must have been completed within 5 years of application deadline.
- BIOL 2420 must have a lab component
- HPRS 2300 -- Pharmacology for Health Professions
- Prerequisite is completion of BIOL 2401 A&P I
- See college catalog for math prerequisite requirement
- Co-requisites are not required to apply but will result in a higher ranking if some/all are complete at time of application.
- Complete HESI Admission Assessment after completion of your final prerequisite semester.
- Test details, dates and times: http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/HESI.php
- You must register with Evolve (first paragraph of form) to complete this form correctly).
Applying to the Program
- Create a Castle Branch account at: https://mycb.castlebranch.com (formerly Certified Profile). The cost to set up the account is $30.
- Step #1: To submit immunizations, input code UL64im in the "Place Order" field. The system will then prompt you to upload your 1-page immunization form to each of the four require immunizations.
- Step #2: Next input code UL32im in the "Place Order" field. The system will then prompt you to upload the following application documents:
- Licensure Eligibility - BON Requirements Education Module -- http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/bon.php
- Information Session Post Test -- http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/infosession/introADN.php
- Technical Standards (last page of the application) -- http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/packet.php
- Step #3: After completing Step #1 and #2 for Castle Branch (Green Checks = clearance) and passing the HESI Test, you will be able to submit your application.
Submit ADN paper application (pp. 1-4) only during application periods (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/deadlines.php) to one of the Health Science offices with the following:
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 in 4 prerequisites (GPA is not rounded)
- Transcripts/course descriptions from colleges other than ACC, if applicable.
- Copy of HESI Test scores -- printed from https://evolve.elsevier.com/ student account.
2. Once applications are submitted, students should refer to the "Application Status Update" page for upcoming information https://sites.google.com/a/austincc.edu/application-status/
3. Only students high enough on the ranking list will receive a granted petition via e-mail to register for RNSG 1105 after the deadline period closes and ranking is complete.
Selection into the Program
- New classes start each fall and spring semesters.
- Competitive ranking based on GPA in prerequisites, co-requisites, HESI score and review points. Additional review points are given to reapplicants.
Please note that to be compliant with clinical facility requirements, a mandatory Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Drug Screen will be required prior to admission to the ADN Program. Specific timelines must be met, therefore do not submit the CBC or Drug Screen until instructed by the program.
Applications may be obtained online (http://www.austincc.edu/health/rnsg/packet.php) and submitted to Health Science Admissions Offices:
- Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Rd. Austin, TX 78702 (Building 8000, Room 8356) or
- Round Rock Campus, 4400 College Park Dr, Round Rock TX 78665 (Building 3000, room 3105)