The following are guidelines for student dress in the Associate Degree Nursing program:
* All CEC students must wear ACC Scrubs at all times when in the CEC nursing skills labs.
Nursing Skills Lab - Students must wear scrubs and closed toed shoes in the Nursing Skills Lab at all times, for practice, check-offs, and simulations. The scrubs do not have to be ACC teal scrubs. Any other dress requirements for lab will be designated by the lab requirements. Hair will not fall in front of the shoulders and must be secured from falling across face when in lab. Tattoos will be covered. No body piercing materials will be visible while in lab.
Open Skills Lab - students do not have to wear scrubs to open lab, but must wear closed toe shoes.
Clinical Dress Code - All students will wear the ADN Program designated uniform and school patch in all clinical settings unless otherwise specified by the clinical instructor.
- Knee high stockings or white socks may be worn with the uniform. No decorative socks.
- Solid white or teal tee shirts may be worn under the uniform.
- White lab coats or designated solid teal scrub jackets may also be worn.
- Shoes must be white and clean without large logo's or colors.
- Photo ID badges are required in all clinical settings at all times.
- Waist packs must be conservative, logo free, white or a solid dark color, clean and neat in appearance.
Hygiene and body grooming:
- All students are representatives of ACC and the ADN Program at all times. Each student should be mindful of his/her appearance, especially when in clinical or other times as an ACC representative.
- Uniforms and lab coats will be freshly laundered, neat, and fit properly.
- Shoes and socks/hose will be clean and neat.
- Excessive make-up or strong smelling perfumes/colognes will not be permitted.
- Extreme shades of lipstick and nail polish such as bright colors, purple, gold, blue, white or combination colors/designs will not be worn.
- To the extent possible, body tattoos will be covered at all times in the clinical setting.
- Hair will be neat, clean, and freshly combed in a conservative style. No fad designs or colors will be accepted. Hair will not fall in front of the shoulders while in the clinical setting or lab. Hair must be secured from falling across face when in clinical and lab.
- Mustaches, beards, and/or sideburns will be neatly trimmed and short.
- Finger nails must meet the following criteria:
- No longer than 1/4 inch
- No artificial nails, nail wraps, decorations, nail jewelry or other artificial additions to natural nails
- No chipped nail polish
- Any visible jewelry will be conservative and in good taste.
- Rings without raised stones or designs will be allowed in moderation.
- Earrings will meet these specifications: 6 mm or 1/4 in. in diameter or smaller; gold, silver, white pearl, or diamond; unadorned and spherical; fit snugly against the ear lobe; maximum of two earrings per lobe.
- No other jewelry or body piercing materials will be visible while in any clinical setting.
- Fad devices, vogue medallions, personal talismans, or amulets will not be worn.
- A watch with a second hand will be worn at all times.