Sonography faculty and staff are committed to achieving the following goals:
- To provide students with both academic instruction and professional training in the field of Medical or Cardiac and Vascular Sonography in order to meet the employment needs of the individual and the medical community.
- To produce skilled medical sonographers who actively apply acceptable principles and techniques within the fields of Diagnostic Medical or Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Technology .
- To produce graduates eligible to apply, take and pass the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers certification exams upon completion of the program.
- To maintain high academic and professional standards in its students.
- To maintain standards for program accreditation.
- To provide for student retention during the program through the use of tutoring, instructional aids, remedial assignments, etc.
- To serve as a resource for the clinical agencies in the Austin area.