Health Sciences Application Process
Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program. ALL Health Sciences program applicants must:
- Enroll in ACC and begin taking relevant program prerequisites
- Follow the admission steps for the Health Sciences program you prefer.
- Collect the required documentation and/or complete all immunizations before applying for program admission.
- Submit your program application.
Surgical Technology Program Application Steps
Applications for this program are accepted on an on-going basis once all admission requirements have been met. Admission is based on application date; the date students have their application accepted and processed by the Health Science Information and Admissions office. We admit 24 for the Fall (16 for the Eastview Campus and 8 for the Round Rock Campus). Spring admission is for Eastview only.
Download Application Process: PDF Updated 6/24/15
Apply to ACC.
Fulfill all immunization requirements (some immunizations can take six months to complete). Your completed immunization form is due at the time you apply for program admission. Immunization requirements were changed on October 1, 2012. Please review the updated form for new requirements.
Complete a mandatory Information and application session for Surgical Technology online.
A copy of the Verification Form must be submitted with the Surgical Technology application.
Complete prerequisite courses:
- BIOL 2404: Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL 2420: Introduction to Microbiology
- HPRS 1206: Medical Terminology
- MATH X3XX: College Algebra, College Mathematics or Elementary Statistics
Students must complete the prerequisites with a “C” or better and meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.0 to be eligible for admission to the Surgical Technology Program.
Complete the application.
Students who have successfully completed these steps will be placed in the next beginning class in which openings are available. The department is limited by available clinical spaces to approximately 16 students per semester. Exceptions are students, who have previously completed a Certificate Program in Surgical Technology at ACC or other accredited program, may apply for the A.A.S. Degree upon completion of the required courses.
Upon Conditional Acceptance to the Surgical Technology Program:
- To be compliant with clinical facility requirements, a mandatory criminal background check will be required prior to admission to the Surgical Technology Program. As specific timeslines must be met, do not do this until instructed by the Program.
- To be compliant with clinical facility requirements, a mandatory drug screen is required for clinical rotations. As specific timelines must be met, do not do this until instructed by the Program.
- To be compliant with clinical facility requirements, health insurance is mandatory for clinical rotations and is required for full admission to a Surgical Technology Program. As specific timeines must be met, do not submit documentation of health insurance until instructed by the Program.
If you have concerns about events in your background, please contact the Health Science Compliance Coordinator, Lisa Enloe, at 512-223-5867 or e-mail email@example.com