Nursing Information Sessions are held onsite at the Eastview Campus or students can complete the session online. Completion of a session and the online post-test is a requirement for admission into the Vocational Nursing Program.
Onsite information sessions will be at Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Road, Austin, TX 78702, building 8000, first floor, room TBA on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 1:00-3:00 p.m. -- Room 8101
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 1:00-3:00 p.m. -- Room 8101
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 1:00-3:00 p.m. -- Room 8101
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 1:00-3:00 p.m. -- Room 8101
No registration is required.
The Online Information Session can be located by clicking here.
More About Information Sessions
During these sessions, the applicants are provided a brief overview of vocational nursing as a profession and the requirements for licensure established by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON). The BON requires that graduates of a nursing program answer questions concerning any history of criminal convictions, drug or alcohol addiction, or diagnosis and treatment of certainly mental illness at the time the graduate applies to take the NCLEX-PN (licensure exam). Licensure may be denied under certain conditions. Click here to be taken to the eligibility page.
A brief overview of personal factors that may affect success in the program are addressed such as: time commitments, work hours, child care, financial concerns, time management and transportation. The prospective student is provided this information during the Information Session so that they can make adjustments as necessary prior to beginning clinical in the Program.
Preprogram recommended classes and the application process are outlined.
Students Receive information regarding:
- The requirements regarding ATI (formerly TEAS V Examination), criminal background checks (CBC), immunization, and drug screening.
- Information about ACC assessment and TSI requirements and other student support services.
- All aspects of financial aid. For more information on ACC Financial Aid programs, click here.
- Students have an opportunity to ask questions or be directed to the information.