Nursing Information Sessions are held onsite at the Eastview and Fredericksburg Campus or students can complete it online. Completion of a session and the online post test is a requirement for admission into the Vocational Nursing Program.
Onsite information sessions will be at Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Road, Austin, TX 78702, building 8000, first floor, room 8110 on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 20, 2015 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
No registration is required.
The Online Information Session can be located by clicking here.
Nursing Information Sessions are held onsite three to four times a year. Please call the Nursing Program Office at 1-877-990-0462 to find out when the next Information Session is scheduled or to make an appointment for an individual session.
More About Information Sessions
During these sessions, the applicants are given a brief overview of vocational nursing as a profession and the requirements for licensure established by the Board of Nursing (BON). The BON requires that graduates of a nursing program answer questions concerning any history of criminal convictions, drug or alcohol addiction, or diagnosis and treatment of certainly mental illness at the time the graduate applies to take the NCLEX-PN (licensure exam). Licensure may be denied under certain conditions. Click here to be taken to the eligibility page.
A brief overview of personal factors that may affect success in the program are addressed: time commitments, work hours, child care, and transportation. The students are provided with this information during the Information Session so that they can make adjustments as necessary prior to beginning clinical in the Program.
Prerequisites and the application process are outlined.
Students Receive information regarding:
- The requirements regarding criminal background checks (CBC), immunization, and drug screening.
- Information about ACC assessment and TSI requirements and other student support services.
- All aspects of financial aid. For more information on ACC Financial Aid programs, click here.
- Students have an opportunity to ask questions or be directed to the information.