Vocational Nursing applicants must complete the application process to be considered for admissions to the program. All requirements must be completed before your application will be accepted.
After acceptance into the program, students must submit:
- A Criminal Background Check. Incoming students should not submit a background check until instructed by the program to do so. Click here for more information.
- A completed/signed Health Data/Physical Examination Form (http://www.austincc.edu/health/dmt.php) including verification of TB testing (negative skin test annually or negative chest x-ray).
- Health Data/Physical Form must be completed within six months of admission.
- If the TB skin test expires during the first semester, it must be repeated before admission.
- Evidence of current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR training (http://www.austincc.edu/health/CPRRequirements.php
- If the CPR certification expires during the first semester, it must be renewed prior to admission.
Health Sciences programs establish technical standards and essential functions to insure that students have the abilities required to participate and potentially be successful in all aspects of the respective programs. Students are required to meet technical standards and essential functions for the Vocational Nursing program. Click here to view technical standards.
A class admitted every fall and spring semesters. Once the application packet is complete, students will be given the next available space in a class. Placement is based on the application date that the application is received in the Health Science Office. Qualified students are sent an acceptance e-mails indicating the semester for which they have been accepted.
Applications and immunizations forms may be obtained and submitted to Health Sciences Admissions-Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Rd. Austin, TX 78702.
The Fredericksburg Campus program starts, in the fall or spring, once every four to five semesters with a cohort group in Austin: one Fredericksburg class graduates before another class begins. Once the application packet is complete, students will be given the next available space in a class. Placement is based on the application date that the application is received in the Health Science Office. Qualified students are sent an acceptance e-mail indicating the semester for which they have been accepted.
Applications and immunization forms may be obtained and submitted to the Fredericksburg Nursing Program Office located at 1110 S. Adams St., Building 7.