Students who have completed the admission process and received official acceptance to the Vocational Nursing Program need to complete the following:
- Fast Pass (Texas Board of Nursing). You will receive information upon acceptance to the program regarding the required Board of Nursing background check/fingerprinting (BONCBC). In addition, you will be sent a FASTPASS form to take to the fingerprinting appointment. Upon receiving a "CLEAR" background check, you will receive a "Blue Clearance Card" in the mail from the Board of Nursing. Please include a copy (front and back) of this card with the completed paperwork packet that will be submitted to the Nursing Office as outlined on the orientation page. Deadline: TBA
- BON Background checked may be ordered between: Refer to Deadlines for updates
- We can only use BONCBC related to the Board of Nursing from IDENTOGO only.
- BONCBC must come back "Clear" before you will be allowed to attend class.
- Students must receive a "Blue Clearance Card" in the mail from the Board of Nursing. Please include a copy of this card (front and back) with your completed paperwork packet that you will be submitting to the Nursing Office at the Eastview Campus.
- A Criminal Background Check (ACC). Incoming students should not submit a background check until instructed by the program to do so. Click here for more information.
- Drug Screen. All students accepted into the program must perform a drug screen. Incoming students should not submit a drug screen until instructed by the program to do so. Click here for more information.
- Proof of current health insurance coverage.
- Physical Examination. A physical examination by a physician with a signed Health Data/Physical Examination Form
(http://www.austincc.edu/health/dmt.php) including verification of TB testing (negative skin test annually or negative chest x-ray).
- Health Data/Physical Form must be completed within six months of admission.
- If the TB skin test expires during the first semester, it must be repeated before admission.
- Immunizations. Students must submit proof of completion of required immunizations. Click here for more information.
- CPR Training. Students need to provide evidence of current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. For a list of potential providers click on: CPR Training.
- If the CPR certification expires during the first semester, it must be renewed prior to admission. The certification must be current the entire semester.
- Meet all the Technical Standards. Health Science programs establish technical standards and essential functions to insure that students have the abilities required to participate and potentially be successful in all aspects of the respective programs. Students are required to meet technical standards and essential functions for the Vocational Nursing program. Click here to view technical standards. Minimum abilities expected include but are not limited to:
- Safe performance of physically taxing tasks
- Adequate visual acuity (normal or corrected)
- Adequate auditory acuity (normal or corrected)
- Effective communication
- Sufficient hand/eye coordination
- Stable emotional health
A class admitted every fall and spring semesters. Qualified students are sent an acceptance e-mail indicating the semester for which they have been accepted.
Application and immunization forms may be obtained and submitted to:
Health Science Admissions - Eastview Campus
3401 Webberville Road
Austin, Texas 78702