Students who have completed the admission process and received official acceptance to the Vocational Nursing Program need to complete the following:
- Service Code (formerly Fast Pass) (Texas Board of Nursing). You will receive information after you submit your application to the program regarding the required Board of Nursing background check/finger printing process (BONCBC). Students will be required to have this process completed before they will be able to submit a re-application form. Upon receiving a "CLEAR" background check, you will receive a physical blue clearance card in the mail from TX BON. You will be instructed by the department when to submit a copy of the card to the program. Additional information will be given to students as they progress throught the admissions process.
- BON Background checked may be ordered between: Refer to Deadlines for updates
- We can only use BONCBC related to the Board of Nursing from IDENTOGO only.
- BONCBC must come back "Clear" before you will be allowed to attend class.
- A Criminal Background Check (ACC). Incoming students should not submit a background check until instructed by the program to do so. Click here for more information.
- Drug Screen. All students accepted into the program must perform a drug screen. Incoming students should not submit a drug screen until instructed by the program to do so. Click here for more information.
- Proof of current health insurance coverage.
- Physical Examination. A physical examination by a physician with a signed Health Data/Physical Examination Form
(http://www.austincc.edu/health/dmt.php) including verification of TB testing (negative skin test annually or negative chest x-ray).
- Health Data/Physical Form must be completed within six months of admission.
- If the TB skin test expires during the first semester, it must be repeated before admission.
- Immunizations. Students must submit proof of completion of required immunizations before application can be considered. Click here for more information.
- CPR Training. Students need to provide evidence of current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. For a list of potential providers click on: CPR Training.
- If the CPR certification expires during the first semester, it must be renewed prior to admission. The certification must be current the entire semester.
- Meet all the Technical Standards. Health Science programs establish technical standards and essential functions to insure that students have the abilities required to participate and potentially be successful in all aspects of the respective programs. Students are required to meet technical standards and essential functions for the Vocational Nursing program. Click here to view technical standards. Minimum abilities expected include but are not limited to:
- Safe performance of physically taxing tasks
- Adequate visual acuity (normal or corrected)
- Adequate auditory acuity (normal or corrected)
- Effective communication
- Sufficient hand/eye coordination
- Stable emotional health
A class admitted every fall and spring semesters. Qualified students are sent an acceptance e-mail indicating the semester for which they have been accepted.
Application and immunization forms may be obtained and submitted to:
Health Science Admissions - Eastview Campus
3401 Webberville Road
Austin, Texas 78702