Information Technology Forms
Austin Community College
5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.
|Logging onto the ACC domain
offers a secure computing environment that allows the user to
access network resources shared with other employees and
departments. Being on the domain allows you to:
Use of ACC resources follow the Professional Use
Expectations for College Information Systems which can be read
HERE. Logging onto any computer
that is a member of the ACC collegewide domain you agree to all
terms stated therein.
- Log on to most computers that are not located in the
Library or computer labs.
- Instantly gain access to secured department and
- Recieve Windows updates that have been tested prior to
- ACC Domain users can access the domain using PC's or
To obtain a domain account:
- You need a valid eID and @austincc.edu email address
- Account creation request must come from the users
supervisor. Please include all information to any network
share the user will need access to.
- Hourly, Adjunct and Workstudy account requests are restrictive.
An END date of their term will be required. The account
will automatically terminate at the end of that date.
- At this time domain accounts will be limited to full
time, part time, hourly, workstudy and contract employees
that are on ACC payrole.
- Even though Apple OSX can join a domain, we encourage
Mac users to acquire a copy of Thursby AdmitMac
software. It allows OSX to use Microsoft active directory
Once an account has been created:
- Under normal conditions, the account will be processed
within one working week day.
- When you receive your login password, you will be asked
to change it at your first login.
- You need to activate your account by logging
onto a computer joined to the ACC domain. You need to do
this inside 2 weeks of recieving your initial password,
otherwise the account will be disabled.
- You will receive a login password. You will be asked
to change it at your first login.
- Your password will expire every 90 days at which time
you will be asked to change it. Passwords require three of
four rules of complexity: 1 Upper case; 1 Lower case; 1
Numeric character or 1 Non Alpha/Numeric character
(#&!%$@, etc) with a minimum length of 8 characters.
- Accounts are automatically disabled when terminated or
end of term is confirmed. If you change departments your
new supervisor needs to apply for a change of employment.
- Requests for new network resources such as
storage space needs to go through an application process
- If you are FTE, you can request a personal network
share space of 8GB .
- Hourly, Adjunct and Workstudy accounts will have access
to department share as requested by their supervisor.
Hourly, Workstudy and Adjunct Faculty accounts will not receive a personal
- Never disclose your login information to anyone. See
- Personal folders are for job related work files only.
They can only be accessed with your domain account. Do not
store media files, system backups or working applications
in this share.
- Close out any open files to a network directory when
leaving for the day.
- You may leave data in your personal folder if you are
- Access to further network resources outside your
department must go through the requested share owner.
Termination and end of assignment notices are generated by
Datatel and sent to various department for removal of
services. Once these notices are received, all domain user
accounts will be disabled. Users must provide proof of
continued employment or any change of assignment before their
account is reactivated.
- Important: All Hourly, Adjunct and Workstudy accounts will
automatically be disabled at end of academic year unless
an earlier date is requested.
- Once a termination notice has been release and a date
set, the user account will be disabled on that date and
all access to domain resources removed.
- Supervisors have the right to claim the data on the
disable user accounts home folder. This must be claimed
inside 2 weeks after which the data will be deleted and
space reclaimed for further use.
- Termination for other resources such as email, datatel
and online services are not the responsibility of the
domain administrator. These must go through other
- For security reasons, all accounts wil expire after 90
days of non-use. Users will have to contact the heldesk to
have them re-enabled. Form link below.
- Any change in position or location should be
reported using the Position/assignment update form.
By submitting any of the forms linked below you are agreeing
with the terms and conditions stated on this page and the
Administrative Rules defined by Austin Community College.