Seven Big Benefits
- All ACC employees may participate in the 403(b) plan.
- Your contributions and investment earnings aren't taxed until you withdraw the money. That means your money grows much faster.
- Your contributions are painlessly deducted from your paycheck.
- Your contributions are tax-deductible, so you pay less in income taxes.
- YOU decide how your money is invested.
- In some cases, you can contribute more than the maximum allowed. That means your savings grow further.
- If you change employers, you can take your 403(b) funds with you.
A 403(b) plan is probably a good choice for you if you:
- are already investing some of your take home pay
- are not struggling from paycheck to paycheck
- pay income taxes
- want to invest for retirement
- have an emergency fund to cover three to six months' living expenses
DISCLAIMER: Austin Community College assumes no responsibility for the future performance of any offered investment program. It is the employee's responsibility to select and monitor the performance of the company in the future. The employee is responsible for all tax liabilities incurred as a result of the management or dissolution of the 403(b) Plan.