Read more information about reaching your goals to earn an associate degree, obtain college credits to transfer for a bachelor’s degree, or obtain a specific career certificate.
Please also note that some of the ACC’s instructional department websites may also provide you with career information as to what jobs are related to that specific degree or certificate.
Continuing Education offers Assessment Services, Community Programs, Certificate Programs, Business & Industry skill courses, and courses related to health.
- Career Exploration: Research additional websites for information about choosing a career.
- Personal Assessments: Visit websites for additional self-assessments to help you learn about yourself.
- Occupational Outlook: Search for additional information on careers and anticipated future outlook for job openings.
- College and Career Plans: Review college expectations to determine the time and commitment involved and if you are willing to meet those expectations to enhance your future opportunities.
The Career Plan Worksheet assists you in creating a written career path plan. Whether you attend a Career Planning program or do it yourself, this tool will help you record the results of: Assessments Scored Careers Explored: ACC Career Paths Identified: Education/Training/Experience Gaps Listed; and a Timeline to accomplish your plan.
Other helpful resources are available as follows:
Informational interviews involve talking with people who are currently working in the field to gain a better understanding of an occupation or industry -- and to build a network of contacts in that field. You may ask questions about the job function, the company/organization/department, and the career path.
The Internet is full of information regarding jobs and careers. Look at some of the job websites and postings. If you are interested in a specific field, look at the education and work experience currently being required of employers.
LEARNING EXPRESS LIBRARY!:
Whatever your goal, LearningExpress Library's resources will help you succeed. Each of our Learning Centers offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information you need to achieve the results you want—at school, at work, or in life. Looking to land a job? You'll find an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping you get the one that's right for you.
Locate articles and career information at either your local Library or ACC Library Services
Discuss the industry in which you have an interest with everyone you know - family, co-workers, professional & social contacts. They may provide additional info about that industry or refer you to someone who can help.
UNIVERSITY TUITION REDUCTIONS FOR ACC EMPLOYEES:
- Capella University – 10%
- Kaplan University – 20% for Kaplan Nursing Complete Class online course
- Regis University – 10%
- Western Governors University – 5%
- University of Phoenix – 5%
To take advantage of this discount, make sure your enrollment counselor is aware of your status with ACC. Please note that some of these are private, or proprietary, and tuition levels may be higher than what is charged at public universities.