Contact Employment & Outreach Services if you need assistance with...
- Hiring Committee Information
- Hiring an Hourly Employee
- Employee Handbook
- Employment Forms
- ID Cards
- Available Positions
- Request for Advertising
Texas Minimum Wage Increase
The Texas Minimum Wage Act, Chapter 62 of the Texas Labor Code, as amended, establishes a minimum wage for non-exempt employees. The current provisions of the Texas Minimum Wage Act are found in Chapter 62 of the Texas Labor Code. Texas adopts the federal minimum wage rate by reference, thus any changes affecting the federal minimum wage automatically becomes the Texas minimum wage for all intended purposes. Based on federal legislation, the federal minimum wage has increased effective, Tuesday, July 24, 2007. Based on federal legislation, the federal minimum wage will increase in three stages:
- Effective July 24, 2007, the federal minimum wage will increase to $5.85 an hour,
- Effective July 24, 2008, the federal minimum wage will increase to $6.55 an hour; and
- Effective July 24, 2009, the federal minimum wage will increase to $7.25 an hour.