Statement of Philosophy
The purpose of the Faculty and Staff Evaluation Office is to provide a system for the appraisal, development and documentation of all faculty and staff performance. The system of evaluation is designed to:
- Ensure the quality of work performed meets ACC’s needs
- Allow for continuous communication between supervisor and employee about job performance
- Develop a set of expectations for future performance
- Promote meaningful feedback between supervisor and employee and faculty and student
- Assess the employee’s past performance
- Assist in the growth and future development of the employee.
Role of the Office
The Faculty and Staff Evaluation Office provides a flexible, comprehensive, and fair evaluation process implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
The Faculty and Staff Evaluation Office Objectives:
- Manage the evaluation process
- Disseminate information about evaluation activities through websites, listservs, evaluation calendars, and articles.
- Provide leadership and expertise in establishing consistent guidelines, rules, and procedures relating to evaluation.
- Coordinate the activities of the Faculty and Staff Evaluation Committee
- Collaborate with other college offices to identify training needs based upon evaluation data.