Hiring Process for Full-Time Faculty
Timetable for Hiring Full-Time Faculty for Fall 2010 Appointments
The hiring timetable identifies the key activities and dates of the hiring process and outlines who is responsible for each step. Recommendations for changes should be submitted to Employment and Outreach Services, who will communicate requests to the Vice Presidents. The schedule is available HERE.
Posting Faculty Vacancies
The Office of Employment and Outreach Services will post new full-time faculty positions on the ACC website and Channel 19 television station after receiving approval from the appropriate Vice President. Faculty positions which are vacant due to a separation of employment are posted upon the approval of both the Dean and Vice President.
Faculty Job Postings can be found online at www.austincc.edu/jobs. Click on available positions and select, "Faculty Positions".
Advertising Faculty Positions
The College Recruiter and the HR Employment Manager are responsible for coordinating recruiting and advertising activities for all full-time faculty positions. ACC advertises all faculty vacancies in the Chronicle of Higher Education, Community College Week, Diverse Issues in Higher Education, Inside Higher Education and Latinos in Higher Education, HigherEdjobs.com, and The Hispanic Outlook for Higher Education.
Committee Chairs may make online requests for additional advertising for their vacant positions by conducting the following steps:
- Log into e-Hire online at http://www3.austincc.edu/it/ehire/mod1/login.php?url=
- Click on the module titled, “Postings”
- Select “Specialty Advertising”.
- Complete and submit online advertising request.
- College Recruiter will respond by contacting the Committee Chair.
Application Process for Faculty Positions
Applicants are encouraged to apply for full-time faculty positions by submitting an ACC Employment Application online, although paper applications are also acceptable. A resume and/or vita may be included. Applicants must also request that an official transcript indicating their highest degree awarded, or the degree that qualifies him/her for the position, be mailed to ACC as follows:
Highland Business Center
Attn: E.M. Breedlove
5930 Middle Fiskville Road
Austin, TX 78752
Applications may be submitted online for multiple job openings at the same time. However, applicants will not be able to apply online twice for a position with the same job number. Applicants are able to view a list of positions in which he/she previously applied for with the College by logging into their online application and click on the link titled, “Previously Applied” located on the menu.
Complete an online ACC Employment Application at:
EOS will screen for the following prior to the Dean’s review of applications:
- Official Transcripts: Is the official transcript from an accredited institution?
- Minimum Requirements: Does the transcript indicate that the applicant has been awarded a graduate degree or necessary license/certificate and does the applicant have the minimum work experience needed for the faculty position?
Each week EOS prepares full-time faculty application packets for review by the Vice Presidents. The packets include an Applicant Log and copies of official transcripts for each application provided. After these have been reviewed by the Vice President, they are reviewed by the Dean; they are then made available to the Committee Chair.
EOS provides each Committee Chair with the forms, materials and resources necessary for completing the hiring process. Included in the packet are:
- Steps to Hiring Full-Time Faculty
- Helpful web links
- Advertising Request Form
- Committee Membership form
- Committee Chair Checklist
- Communications Log
- Weighted Criteria Interview Form
- Faculty Employment Interview Evaluation Form
- Faculty Employment Reference Check form
- Credential Certification Form
- Recommendation for Employment Form