EA Program

Frequently Asked Questions

Educational Attainment Program Frequently Asked Questions “FAQ’s”

Tuition Reimbursement Plan

Is there a minimum or maximum of classes I need to take for reimbursement?

No, but keep in mind that the program reimburses 75% of your tuition and fees up to $3000 dollars per fiscal year.

Can I attend a public/private university or college?

Yes, as long as is regionally accredited.

Am I obligated to continue working at ACC if I receive tuition assistance?

No, but we would hope that you would use your new skills to further your career at ACC.

Do I have to pursue a higher level degree? Does my coursework have to directly relate to my position at ACC?

No, you can take upper level courses but you don’t have to complete a degree. No, you can take courses in any subject so long as the school is accredited regionally.

What does "regionally accredited" mean?

The College or University that you are completing coursework at must be accredited by one of the agencies below.

Most schools will have this information listed on their website. The regional accrediting agencie are;

Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools

New England Association of Schools and Colleges
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Northwest Accreditation Commission
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Can I still use my vouchers?

Yes, vouchers can still be used for classes at ACC

Can I flex my schedule to take classes?

It is up to your and your supervisor to discuss a flexible work schedule for the semester that will allow you to take classes. However, in general, classes are to be taken outside of work hours

Do I need an ‘official’ copy of my transcript?

No, unofficial transcripts or grade reports will suffice.

Will preference be given next semester to those who participated last semester?

No, this program is lottery system, every semester

What if I don't "pass" or make a "C" in my class?

You will not receive reimbursement for those classes.

How is longevity calculated for adjunct faculty?

One year of longevity credit is awarded each time an adjunct faculty teaches at least two of
the three semesters in an academic year.

What if my courses do not follow the traditional semester timeline?

If your courses follow a different timeline, like quarters, then please apply within the deadline that is as closely aligned with your timeline as possible. If you have an unique timeline, please contact our office (223-7997) prior to the request date and we will look at it on a case by case basis.

But I finished my degree this summer...now what? Can I apply retroactively?

Congratulations! Unfortunately no, however, you could apply for the Educational Recognition Award if you meet the criteria. Visit this page for more info- http://www.austincc.edu/admrule/6.09.006.pdf .