Austin Community College believes that part of its mission is to provide counseling and advising services that support the College’s mission and enable students to meet their educational and career goals.
- Faculty will be available to advise students who declare a major and who either complete the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements or who are referred by an advisor or counselor.
- The first faculty advising session will occur before the second semester of enrollment. Faculty advising sessions may include group advising.
- The final advising session will occur when the student has completed seventy-five (75) percent of the credit hours of their transfer plan, ACC credit certificate, or ACC degree.
- Undeclared majors and General Studies majors will be advised by counselors and advisors.
- For students
- Better choices in career, courses, and transfer institutions
- Improved academic success, retention, and graduation rates
- For faculty members
- A connection with the majors in their academic or chosen career field
- For faculty and Counselors/Advisors
- A better rapport and a closer working relationship