Beginning in fall 2013, the State of Texas will allow only one assessment test to be used to determine a students' Texas Success Initiative status. Previously, ACC offered the COMPASS, ACCUPLACER, or ASSET tests through College Connection. The New TSI Assessment will replace these earlier assessments. Students whose TSI status was determined on an older test must enroll in college courses by August 27, 2013 or must plan to test again under the new assessment.
The College Connection office is happy to assist you with any questions you have about this transition. The links below may provide you with more information.
- ACC's Assessment Website Resources
- ACC's Pre-Assessment Activity
- THECB Developmental Education/Texas Success Initiative
- THECB Proposed Rules
- THECB/ACC Archived Webcasts
- State of Texas College and Career Readiness Standards (PDF)
- College Board Presentation (Chantel Reynolds) to TASA (PDF)
- TSI Assessment Content (PDF)
- WritePlacer Holistic Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- WritePlacer Guide with Sample Scored Essays (PDF)
- TSI ASSESSMENT Sample Test Questions - July 2013