Develop a Plan
Marketing the right way can help promote a service, raise awareness about a program, or communicate important information. Before you launch a marketing campaign you should develop a plan.
Nine tips to creating an effective marketing plan
- Establish your goals - what am I trying to accomplish?
- Set your budget - how much do I have to spend?
- Determine your timeline - when is it due?
- Identify your audience - whom am I trying to reach?
- Define your "call to action" - what do I want them to do?
- Create an effective message - what am I saying and how am I saying it?
- Develop effective tactics - what tools will reach my audience?
- Connect with partners - who at ACC and beyond can help get the word out?
- Set your metrics - how can I measure success?
Need marketing help?
Submit an online project request form and a member of the PICM staff will contact you.
Remember to plan ahead. Effective marketing can take two weeks to six months to plan, depending on the size of the project.