Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Marketing and Fashion Marketing department is to provide premier courses and degree plans that give students the practical, theoretical, and technical knowledge needed to be successful in the field of marketing. Our curriculum provides students with first-rate professional and workforce programs that result in employment in the public and private sectors. It is based on identified competencies, has a capstone experience, and strives to be socially responsible as well as addressing employer needs. We are committed to:
- Providing students in the marketing degree plans the knowledge and skills necessary to enhance their marketing abilities that will enable them to seek employment in a marketing or fashion position.
- Providing students in the transfer degree plan the knowledge and skills necessary for transfer and success at a baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Providing students in the workforce areas the knowledge and skills necessary for job enhancement.
- Providing employers in our community a trained, technically competent, and diverse workforce.
- Providing all students advising from a qualified, dedicated, and accessible faculty.
Our overall departmental mission is threefold: 1) to prepare students for entry-level employment in the rapidly expanding Marketing and Fashion industry, 2) to enable students to improve their job skills to promote career advancement and development 3) provide undergraduate courses to individuals who wish to transfer to complete a four year degree.
The department hires highly qualified professionals within our field of study and provides them the support they need. The department has relevant, up-to-date course materials and keeps text books current. Course content complies with federal and state laws and regulations and local industry standards and includes recommendations from the Advisory Committee. SCANS competencies along with Master Syllabi are posted on the departmental website.
The Marketing and Fashion Marketing Advisory Board is composed of recognized leaders in the field in ACC's service area. Members convene regularly to offer their combined expertise to influence the curriculum structure and instructional methods of the program.
Marketing & Fashion Marketing Advisory Board Members
- Midkiff, Ina
Title: Professor of Marketing
Department Chair Marketing, Financial Management, and Real Estate
Company: Austin Community College
Cypress Creek Campus
1555 Cypress Creek Road
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
- Evans, Gloria
Title: Adjunct Faculty
11928 Stonehollow Dr.
Austin, TX 78758
- Sarantakes, Nick
1212 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
- Harmatuk, Margot
Company: Capital One
- Price, Steve
Title: Retired Marketing Consultant, Adjunct Faculty
Chair of Marketing Advisory Board
- Pfluger, Deborah
Company: AHA Communications
209 East Riverside Drive
Austin, TX 78704
- McCann, Tina
Title: DECA Advisor
Company: Lake Travis High School
3324 RR 620 South
Austin, TX 78738
Title: Adjunct Instructor
Company: Former Marketing Student