Mission: The Male Leadership Program (MLP) is designed to provide institutional support and encourage the success of current First Year male students (12 earned credit hours or less) at Austin Community College.
The program will provide consistent individualized academic support to increase student success for all participants. Often students who are not engaged or encouraged to achieve high academic success early in their college career will be at a greater disadvantage to meet their educational goals. Additional support will be provided from a network of Faculty and Staff from the institution, which will positively impact the learning experience of our students.
Top five benefits for becoming an active MLP member:
- Improve your transition to college life & get connected to ACC, Student Life & community resources
- Enhance your academic skills through success planning & one-on-one mentoring
- Gain access to career exploration tools, workshops, job fairs, etc.
- Build relationships with fellow members & participate in peer-to-peer mentoring activities
- Gain leadership experience to discover more about yourself and learn ways to stay motivated to finish strong!
Are you a currently enrolled first year male student at ACC? If so, apply TODAY.