Utilizing critical thinking and the nursing process, the student is expected to:
- Explain rationale for changing the linens.
- Discuss and demonstrate measures to maintain asepsis while making the bed.
- Discuss and demonstrate good body mechanics utilized in bed making.
- Discuss appropriate human and material resources to provide cost effective care when making a bed.
- Discuss factors that are involved to keep the patient safe while making the bed.
- Discuss measures utilized to maintain respect for the patient.
- Given a specific patient situation, identify the appropriate type of bed to make. (ie. Postoperative patient- a surgical bed)
- Correctly demonstrate the ability to make an unoccupied, occupied, and surgical bed.