The Office of Equity and Inclusion leads the college in convening an equity and diversity advisory council of students, faculty, staff, and community members to support the elimination of disparities in student achievement by developing and implementing a data- and research-informed strategic plan to increase student success.
ELAT members are invited by the President of the college to serve a two-year term to:
1. Engage in continuous education to become culturally proficient leaders.
2. Convene, leader, or participate on a subcommittee.
3. Provide evidence-based recommendations for institutional capacity-building and systemic change to promote equitable outcomes.
4. Participate in internal and external collaborations to support the equity agenda.
5. Identify opportunities to leveage college and community resources to support equity and inclusion for all students and communities.
Cultural Proficiency and Inclusiveness