Welcome to the ACC Supervisor, Dean, and Department Chair Training and Support Page.
Austin Community College values the work that all supervisors do every day to serve our dynamic and diverse community of employees and students. Below is a list of online trainings designed specifically for ACC supervisors.
Supervisor Development Video Series
- Complaints and Grievances*
- Progressive Discipline*
- Budget Overview*
- Performance Evaluation – PEP*
- Basics of Compensation*
- ADA* (This training is for ACC process and procedures information only. This video will not credit towards mandatory ADA compliance training.)
- FMLA* (This training is for ACC process and procedures information only. This video will not credit towards FMLA compliance training.)
- Sick Leave Pool*
- Criminal Background Checks*
- Employment Discrimination*
- Title IX Training*
- HR Essentials for Administrators*
- Servant Leadership* (training is offered in a classroom setting)
*Mandated trainings for New ACC Supervisors, need to be completed within the first 90 days of employment. All supervisors must complete Compliance Training Program at ACCD. No substitutions or waivers will be permitted. Compliance Training Program are two Mandatory trainings, ADA and SHP due every two years and Required training, Cyber Security Awareness due every year.
To register and to complete these classes, click on the individual categories above. Make sure that you submit your ACCeID at the end of every workshop in order to get the Professional Development credit. We will continue to add more online classes as they become available.
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM): Managing Gender Transition in the Workplace
- Supporting Transgender Employees: More companies are helping transgender employees through the biggest transition of their lives. Are you ready?
- Forbes: How to support transgender employees in the workplace
- How 'Straight Ally' Programs are Transforming the Workplace
- Legal Issues pertaining to Transgender Employees (powerpoint)
Toolbox Development for Supervisors
Toolbox Development for Supervisors, offers free in-person workshops dedicated to Supervisors, Deans and Department Chairs. Presentations and workshops offered by Deer Oaks, EAP provider. Register for workshops through the online Workshop Registration application .
Upcoming Classes for Fall FY2018
Thursday, September 21, 2017
HBC 410 3pm-4pm
Managing in a MultiGenerational Workplace
Thursday, September 28, 2017
HBC 410 3pm- 4pm
Managing Under Pressure
Friday, October 20, 2017
HLC 2216 2pm-3pm
The Art of Delegation
Friday, November 3, 2017
HLC 2216 3pm-4pm
Recognizing A Troubled Employee
Friday, December 1, 2017
HLC 2216 3pm-4pm
*Series will return in Spring 2018
Becoming a Manager - Lynda.com playlist
Find supplemental online video training offered through free access to Lynda.com as a fulltime employee. The good news is that management is a skill that can be learned. This guide is designed to provide you with the key considerations, skills and competencies to help you succeed. Certificates of completion are offered at the completion of the video series and kept in your Lynda.com account