Back to Top
Back to Top

Small Business Development Program

As adopted December 2014, ACC’s Board of Trustees established the Small Business Development Program (SBDP) to encourage increased participation of small, local and emerging businesses in purchasing and contracting opportunities offered by the College.

The information provided below is designed to help vendors understand requirements, qualifications, and the application process for SBDP participation.

Register as a Vendor

ACC has developed an online vendor registration for all businesses that are interested in providing goods and services, professional services and construction services to the District. This list will also include certified Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) vendors. Register as a Vendor here.

Solicitation Goals

At this time, ACC has not associated any specific SLBE participation goals in current and upcoming projects or contract awards. However, ACC may implement additional measures to achieve the objectives of the Small Business Development Program in the future.

Solicitation Scoring

Criteria used to evaluate solicitation responses are outlined in the advertised solicitation. All SBDP requirements associated with a solicitation, including submission of completed SBDP Forms, are considered deliverables and failure to submit by published deadline or to knowingly misrepresent facts could be deemed non-responsive or non-compliant. Any firm found to knowingly misrepresent facts or be in non-compliance may be disqualified for consideration.

SLBE Certification Eligibility

A Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) is defined as an independently owned and controlled for-profit business that:

  1. Has been in existence for at least one year;
  2. Has annual gross receipts that, when added with those of its subsidiary or subsidiaries and averaged over three (3) consecutive years, does not exceed the applicable small business size standards* established by the SBDP;
  3. Has had no more than 50 full time and part-time employees in any year within the past three years;
  4. Is headquartered or otherwise located at a fixed, established commercial address located in the Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos MSA through which it performs a commercially useful function and maintains a significant business presence as defined by the SDBP.
*The applicable small business size standards shall initially be tied to some measure of the industry-based size standards established by the Small Business Administration (SBA) in 13 CFR 121.201, but may be periodically evaluated and adjusted by the College’s administration based upon local market data collected pursuant to the SBDP to better serve the intent and objectives of this policy; (If a business has not existed for 3 years, the gross sales limits described above shall be applied based upon the annual averages over the existence of the business). Currently, the limit on Annual Gross Revenue to qualify as a SLBE vendor is 25% of SBA Size Standards or Annual Gross Revenues (AGR) not exceeding, $3.75M for A&E firms or $9.125M for Construction Firms.

SBDP Q and A

  1. What is the SBDP program?

    In an effort to maximize the economic vitality and robustness of the District’s service area, ACC, the Board of Trustees amended Policy G-2. Purchasing to establish the Small Business Development Program (SBDP). The SBDP seeks to achieve this objective through race– and gender– neutral means with the assurance that SLBE firms are provided the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in all purchasing and contracting opportunities.

  2. How do I register as a Vendor?

    ACC has developed an online vendor registration for all businesses that are interested in providing goods and services, consultant services and construction services to the District. This list will also include certified Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) vendors. Register as a Vendor here.

    ACC encourages all Small Businesses to certify as an SLBE if they meet the guidelines.

  3. How do I choose a NAICS code for my Online Vendor Profile?

    Start with the tables published by the NAICS at that list all the codes by category or categories that describe what you sell then select the NAICS code(s) that best describe the goods and services you provide.

  4. How do I register for the SLBE certification?

    Small, local businesses can start their registration by submitting a completed SLBE Self Certification form.

  5. My company is a State Certified HUB/Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise - do I qualify for the SLBE program?

    A State Certified Small Business may qualify for SLBE certification. All businesses are encouraged to submit the proper paperwork required for SLBE Certification regardless of current/previous certifications. Your business does not have to be state certified to participate in ACC's Small Business Development Program (SBDP) as an SLBE.

  6. Will MBE or WBE firms be required or verification of ethnicity required?

    No. We are asking firms to identify all subcontractors working on the project and/or team formed regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity. Specifically, we are asking for increased participation with small and local firms without regard to race or gender of business ownership.

  7. How long is the SLBE certification valid?

    SLBE certification will be valid for two (2) years.

  8. How do I find out about bidding opportunities?

    All formal bidding opportunities are advertised in local papers and posted to our website under Advertised Solicitations (see left menu). Notices regarding construction-related solicitations are also made available to local area Chambers of Commerce.

  9. How can SLBE firms be proactive in seeking business opportunities with ACC?

    It is important to attend pre-bid meetings, network and market your company to Prime Contractors, respond to Prime Contractors' outreach efforts, check ACC's website for upcoming bid opportunities, and utilize the services offered by the Small Business Development Program (SBDP) and the buyers in the Procurement and Materials Management (PMM) unit. We are here to help you!

  10. Do I have to be a registered vendor before I can submit a bid?

    No, however you must be a registered vendor with ACC to be awarded any business by ACC.

Back to Top
Back to Top

Back to Top