The safety of Students, Faculty, Staff and the security of physical assets of the Austin Community College District form the foundation of the Security Management Department. Our mission is to provide a safe and secure learning/working environment for the students, staff, and visitors of Austin Community College, as well as protect district facilities and assets.
Security Management Responsibilities
- Is assigned to the EHS & I Department and is responsible for the utility, security, maintenance and coordination of all aspects of the College’s CCTV and access control systems. This includes keys and access codes.
- Is responsible for coordinating with the Campus Managers and Campus Operations providing and managing access to facilities, with access being based on employee job responsibilities and in compliance with the established Security Management Key and Access Control Diagrams. These are maintained in the Security Management Office.
- Develops, distributes, reviews, implements, provides any needed training and enforces the ACC Access Control Program and associated Procedures and Guidelines. It is the responsibility of the Security Management Director or his/her designee, to oversee compliance with this policy.
- Responsible for the development of metal keying systems and card access control systems.
- Manages the Locksmith work orders, hardware replacement and upgrades. Manages work orders for all access control systems. Work orders are submitted via the Online Work Order system.
- Maintains key control of master keys for non college personnel.
- Provides access system tracking reports on a routine basis, or upon request, to Campus Operations and Campus Police.
To report a lost or stolen access card, please contact Alisha Aguilar-Lopez, Security Management Admin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 512-223-1129. After hours, please contact Dispatch at 512-223-1231.
Are you experiencing issues with keys, doors, locks, access cards or card readers? Please submit an online work order request.