Contact for Transfer Students
Articulation Agreement: No
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
- Complete Texas Common Application for Transfer students, submit online or by mail and include $35 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended regardless of whether credit was earned or desired.
- No ACT or SAT test scores required if a student has 15 hours of attempted transferable credit with a “C” (2.0) GPA.
- THEA/TASP alternate scores and information (used for placement only) will be recorded from official transcripts, and must be on file before registration can be approved.
Admission requirements for transfer students website 
Transfer Credit Information
- Maximum number of hours that apply to a bachelors degree: 66 plus 4 additional hours of KINE/PHED activity (fall marching band will substitute)
- Minimum number of hours accepted to be a transfer student: 15 hrs of attempted transferable credit
- Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences degree available.
- Experience-based education accepted: Yes, only for BAAS degree
- Military experience accepted by submitting DD214, AARTS or, SMART, CCAF or
Coast Guard Inst. military transcripts
- Vocational course work accepted only for BAAS degree
- CLEP credit given for most subject areas. Consult the credit by exam brochure or the web
- Official scores need to be sent from testing center or from student score report
- Department proficiency exams are given in most departments (Not English; refer to catalog)
- AP credit awarded for scores of 3, 4, or 5 in most exams. Consult credit by exam brochure on website 
Transfer GPA is used for admissions purposes and is kept separate for SFA graduation purposes.
D grades are accepted for all transferable courses (grades of C or higher in certain courses are required for some degrees)
F grades in transferable courses are computed in required 2.00 GPA. If students repeat transfer courses, the highest grade only is computed in required 2.00 GPA.
Early Transfer Registration
Fall and summer early registration in late April until semester begins for accepted transfer students.
Spring early registration mid- November until semester begins for accepted transfer students.
Transfer Orientation called “Transfer Days” available in summer.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester Fall and Spring):
Tuition & Fees (15 hrs in-state)
Room & Board (on campus)
|Books & Supplies||
Financial Aid and Housing
- Financial Aid Office 936.468.2403; Campus Housing 936.468.2601; website 
- FAFSA online (www.fafsa.ed.gov )
- Priority Deadline: For Fall: April 1 (forms available in January)
- Office of Student Financial Assistance - 936.468.2403
- Title IV code: 003624
- Campus residence halls required for students younger than 21or with fewer than 60 hours of credit; apartments available
Scholarships for Transfer Students
- Admissions Office (Community College Transfer Scholarships)
- Financial Aid Office, Alumni Office (general), Athletic and Departmental (awarded by individual academic departments)
- Deadline is February 1 for Fall scholarships (Alumni and Financial Aid)
- Learn more about scholarship opportunities 
Over 11,000 students enroll each semester; class size averages 26, faculty/student ratio is 1 to 19, degree programs in over 80 undergraduate majors and 120 additional areas of study.
Available every weekday at 10:00, 12:00 and 2:00, and some Saturdays (mainly for residence halls tours). Visit the website 
Stephen F. Austin State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Stephen F. Austin State University.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.