601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
Contact for Transfer Students:
Craig Howard, Undergraduate Admissions  Counselor
Yes - Transfer Planning Guides available online  or in the ACC Advising and Counseling Centers.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students:
- $60 application fee.
- Transfer students with 30-plus transferable hours must have a 2.25 GPA.
- Transfer students with fewer than 30 hours must have a 2.0 GPA and meet freshman admission requirements including required high school courses, high school transcripts, essay, class rank verification and SAT/ACT.
- Minimum transfer GPA 2.25
General Transfer Admissions Deadlines:
Fall: July 15
Spring: November 15
Sum-1: May 1 (No summer entry for Communication Design)
Sum II: June 15
Transfer Credit Information:
Maximum number of hours accepted: 66 (All transfer credit will be transcripted; Academic department will determine which hours will be applied to degree.)
Experience based education maximum: For Occupational Education majors only
Military experience maximum: upon review by academic department after enrollment.
Department proficiency exams may be used for college credit
CLEP subject exams accepted.
- D grades accepted, however, a higher grade may be a prerequisite for some courses. GPA is calculated on 4-point system on all transferable courses.
- I grades are averaged as F.
- Repeated courses: The original grade in a repeated course is not used for GPA calculations. However, the first repeat and all subsequent repeats will be used for GPA calculations.
- Once enrolled at Texas State, academic standing will be based on Texas State GPA only.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester, Fall and Spring):
|Tuition and Fees||$8,700|
|Room and Board||$7,520|
|Books and supplies||$1,090|
Fall - April 1
Spring – April 1
Summer - March 1
Additional information on the Financial Aid website .
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Transfer students should have at least a 3.5 GPA to be considered for Texas State scholarships.
Deadline: March 1
Office of Financial Aid-Scholarship  Coordinator, 512.245.8593
Financial Aid Office
2nd Floor, J.C. Kellam
San Marcos, TX 78666
Many transfer scholarships available
Complete scholarship application and one essay on line through Apply Texas Application 
Special Programs Unique to This School:
Physical Therapy (graduate level only)
Geography and Planning
Texas State University-San Marcos is accredited by the Commission on Colleges (COC) of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the regional accrediting organization for eleven states in the southeastern United States, including Texas.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.