Austin Community College has joined the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to offer VetSuccess on Campus, a collaborative effort to smooth your transition to college life.
ACC's VetSuccess counselor can help you:
- Manage your education benefits.
- Explore vocations and select a suitable major/career.
- Elect your healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration.
- Access, understand, and apply for VA benefits (e.g., Disability Compensation, Life Insurance, Education, Home Loan Guaranty, and Vocational Rehabilitation).
- Get referrals for medical and mental health care.
- Get referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible veterans and their families.
- Coordinate with other ACC offices to provide veteran-specific services.
- Find job placement assistance and coordinate with Local Veterans’ Employment Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Programs (DVOP).
- Locate community and other resources.
If you are a veteran, active duty military, or an eligible family member who attends or plans to attend ACC, call or come by to meet with our VetSuccess on Campus counselor .