Verify your TSI status
You may be eligible for an exemption or waiver from the Texas Success Initiative  requirements based on your college coursework, military experience, major  program of study, or previous assessment  scores. Do NOT take the TSI Assessment  if any of the following circumstances apply.
- You earned an associate degree  or higher.
- You earned a C or higher in a college-level course at an accredited institution. The course must be equivalent to an ACC course that satisfies the specific skill requirement.
- You have an official transcript  from a Texas college or university that shows you meet TSI requirements.
- You completed the highest level of developmental education  with a grade of A, B, or C.
- You were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty, Texas National Guard, or military reserves on or after Aug. 1, 1990
- You are on active-duty service in the U.S. military and have completed at least three years’ service before enrolling at ACC.
Level 1 certificate  program/major
- You declare a Level 1 certificate program  as your major and take only classes listed in your certificate plan. TSI requirements apply if you change your major or take courses outside your Level 1 certificate plan.
- ACC accepts scores on the SAT, ACT, and other approved assessment exams that are less than 5 years old. Bring a copy of your scores and a photo ID when you verify the exemption at any campus Advising Office .
|Minimum Scores Eligible for TSI Exemption|
|Test||Reading & Writing Exemption||Math Exemption|
|SAT||1070 Combined with 500 Critical Reading||1070 Combined with
|ACT||23 Composite with 19 English||23 Composite with
|TAKS||2200 ELA (English Language Arts) with 3+ Writing sub-score||2200 Math|
- Upper-level math requires additional course assessments .