How it works
When you enter the lab, ask for a tutor in your subject area. ACC tutors are dedicated professionals whose goal is to help you become a confident student. You will learn to:
- Formulate questions
- Use your textbooks as resources
- Prepare for exams
- Evaluate/correct exams
- Manage the course material
- Improve study skills and time management
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses as a learner
Available in all Learning Labs
Check the tutor schedule and call ahead to confirm availability
Use online tutoring
Visit the Blackboard tools menu to access free online tutoring .
Tutoring in ASL
The ACC Learning Lab at the Riverside campus offer support and tutoring services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students.
- Introduction to the Learning Lab  - Presented in American Sign Language
This nationally recognized program is available in many ACC classes. Supplemental Instruction  classes include a peer leader hired to assist the class throughout the semester, attending classes, and holding outside study sessions for students.