The Star Award
Project Leads: Looking for volunteers
The Star Award will be created to recognize and honor an ACC administrator that has proven to be an exceptional leader in the eyes of the APTE. Voting will occur online prior to the Summer APTE Business Meeting and the winner will be announced and recognized at the Fall General Assembly with a plaque.
The Association of Professional-Technical Employees initiates this award for those administrators with the following characteristics:
- Honest: Displays sincerity, integrity, and candor in all actions.
- Competent: Bases actions on reason and moral principles.
- Forward-looking: Sets goals and has a vision of the future. Envisions what they want and how to get it.
- Inspiring: Displays confidence in everything.
- Intelligent: Reads, studies, and seeks challenging assignments.
- Fair-minded: Shows fair treatment to all people.
- Broad-minded: Seeks out diversity.
- Courageous: Has the perseverance to accomplish a goal with a confident calmness when under stress.
- Straightforward: Uses sound judgment to make good decisions at the right time.
- Imaginative: Makes timely and appropriate changes, thinking of new and better goals, ideas, and solutions to problems. Innovative.
Congratulations 2011 Star Award Recipient, Neil Vickers!
Congratulations to Associate Vice President of Finance & Business Neil Vickers, who won the APTE Star Award, which recognizes outstanding administrators with exceptional characteristics.
Neil's breadth of knowledge is an invaluable asset to the College. His responsibilities at the College are vast and plenty, yet his calm temperament and professional demeanor tell a different story; a story of humility and integrity. It is not often that you find an administrator with a true open door policy. He is truly an inspiration to many, and his remarkable leadership skills exemplify an outstanding administrator.
Student Success Initiative:
Employee Success & Engagement Plan
In conjunction with the Classified Employee Association (ACCCEA) we have been working on developing a comprehensive approach to Student Success that will facilitate the Boards request while serving to improve Employee Success, Satisfaction and Retention. We will provide more information on specific details of the project as they emerge.
APTE Leadership Training Program
Project Leads: APTE Officers
Participating in an employee association at ACC provide many positive opportunities to demonstrate and practice leadership and management skills. The activities that the organizations undertake and in which officers, council members and general members are able to participate, breed opportunities for growth and greater understanding in the areas of:
• Interpersonal Communication
• Project Management
• Business Practices
• Public Speaking
• Stress Management (Intrapersonal Skills)
• Community College Knowledge (Governmental Relations, Institutional Effectiveness, etc.)
Based on this information, we would like the opportunity to further research how ACC can provide additional recognition through CEUs, Certificates, Award Ceremonies or other credentialing incentives to employees that actively participate in these associations and make a positive impact on others at ACC.