Vision Statement: As a team, we will provide access to educational excellence and serve our students and community with passion and com
NADE DEVELOPMENTAL EDUCATION GOALS & DEFINITION
Developmental Education is a field of practice and research within higher education with a theoretical foundation in developmental psychology and learning theory. It promotes the cognitive and affective growth of all post secondary learners, at all levels of the learning continuum.
Developmental Education is sensitive and responsive to the individual differences and special needs among learners.
Developmental education programs and services commonly address academic preparedness, diagnostic assessment and placement affective barriers to learning and development of general and discipline-specific learning strategies.
- To preserve and make possible educational opportunity for each post secondary learner.
- To develop in each learner the skills and attitudes necessary for the attainment of academic career and life goals.
- To ensure proper placement by assessing each learner's level of preparedness for college course work.
- To maintain academic standards by enabling learners to acquire competencies needed for success in mainstream college courses.
- To enhance the retention of students.
- To promote the continued development and application of cognitive and affective learning theory.
Here is a helpful link to the Cambridge Dictionary Website.
Here is a helpful brain research link to Dr. Zadina's Newsletter in PDF -- click here