This module will allow you to apply the information you have learned through ten situations with complex information, each with three calculation problems. You will move through the steps to solve the problems interactively, with feedback helping you along the way. The challenge for you here is to sort through complex information and know what you must use to solve the problems.
These are combinations of information which can give you certain information:
1. doctor’s order x dose on hand x all needed conversions = tabs, mL, mL/dose, mL/hour, mL/day
Note: Many answers may be obtained with this formula.
2. doctor’s order x dose on hand x patient’s body weight x needed conversions = mL/hr, mL/day, mL/dose
3. doctor’s order x dose on hand x patient’s body weight x drop factor x needed conversions = gtt/min
4. total fluid volume/time to infuse x drop factor x needed conversions = gtt/min
5. total fluid volume/time to infuse x needed conversion = mL/hr