As part of the Reaffirmation of Accreditation process, ACC submitted a Compliance Certification to SACSCOC in March 2012. The Compliance Certification provides the commission with extensive evidence that ACC adheres to SACSCOC's accreditation standards and to federal regulations.
Coordinated by ACC's Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Accountability, the Compliance Certification addresses all aspects of the college, including:
- Institutional mission
- Governance and administration
- Institutional effectiveness
- Educational program, including off-campus and distance learning courses
- Libraries and other learning resources
- Student affairs and services
- Financial resources
- Physical resources
After the Compliance Certification is reviewed by an offsite committee assigned by the commission, it is forwarded to a team that visits the college to further evaluate compliance.